1800 Zetec

The Irv

Hi all,

After a bit of a hiccup over the purchase of a new (to me) Westfield I've finally got myself sorted with a very nice SEiW fitted with a standard 1800 Zetec with Weber Twin 40's which I'm picking up next saturday.

The car itself is nippy enough for the time being, but come the winter I'm pretty sure i'll be wanting a bit more power out the engine ready for next summer.

I know very little about modifying engines so I was wondering if I could pick your brains for ideas on what I should be doing to get more power out of the thing, what type of power gains I could expect and rough costs associated with the various options that I have so I can start saving me pennies?

Many thanks in advance,

Steve

some of the things that can make the biggest difference to the car's performance are the gearbox, weight & suspension- so don't just think bhp.... (don’t mean to be cheeky but) also make sure you are getting the most from the driver before you spend more money on the car.

Thanks for the replies chaps,

Big R, point taken, I only had my last westie for 6 weeks before it was written off so never realy had the chance to learn how to drive it properly.

I'll have the summer to get back into the swing of things and see what she and I can do before I start taking the car to bits...I think it's the old upgraditis kicking in (and quite possibly something to do with being stuck at work on a day like today!)