1 Foot tall Miget needed

Chris Brook

:D Hi I've just bought my first westfield and while it doesn't need anything major doing to it I would like to know if any member has a 1 foot tall miget they can lend me so he/she can walk down the passenger footwell and check my gearbox oil level.

I'm guessing this is one of those "Nightmare jobs" then.

Fairly simple job or it was for me (type 9), do you have a grommit or hole in the general location of the filler hole in the tunnel side, if not make one.

If so just kneel at the side of the car reach in to footwell with 3/8 extension put through hole remove plug from g/box put pipe from g/box oil in the hole and squeeze bottle till it runs all over the floor, remove pipe, wait till it stops dripping re fit plug. Done.

Ah just had a thoght, you may have carpets, this would make it a little more difficult. :p

Wrong side, but the technique is similar.   :D

RJA2003_0601_124339AA.jpg

Wrong side, but the technique is similar.   :D

RJA2003_0601_124339AA.jpg

Ive a similar pic of me in the same position! I was like that for about 20mins making sure that the dash was correctly wired.  Was murder trying to get out and walk again after!

I am afraid I have to admit that the pic is my son who kindly volunteered to do the head down job.  :(

The previous owner also had a son who had bought his dad some 'alford's red alloy pedal attachments more usually found on a Saxo. The father's heart must have sunk when he saw his birthday present and realised that he was going to have to go down in the footwell upside down to fit them.  :D  

"Thanks son"  :bangshead:

This is another situation where a removable scuttle is brilliant.  I've just done this over the Winter and it was really worthwhile.  It's a lot easier if you have a car with no windscreen, wipers, heaters etc.