• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Ash

• Bean

• James

• Rob Marshall

Paul,

I am interested in an over chassis rail manifold and possibly silencer for my Zetec. I am sold on the manifold, their quality is excellent, but need convincing about the wieght and sound level from their silencers.

What noise level are people achiving now with Simpson silencers? I know some of the first ones were too noisey. I have to get under at least 100 Db, would prefer 95ish.

Rob

You know my car :)

This is me & Chris White at the SA day @ Combe last October, just after I had my Simpson unit fitted.  Made 96Db on the Combe static check.  I'll have it at the Bristol & Bath meet tomorrow (Thu 15th) if you want to pop over.

Chris

S%20A%20Day%2028-10-06%20007_disp640.jpg

What noise level are people achiving now with Simpson silencers? I know some of the first ones were too noisey. I have to get under at least 100 Db, would prefer 95ish.

I'm getting around 97db from my silencer on a VX.

The first few were noisey due to the cans being over packed (mine being one of them) It was a simple case of taking the end out and removing some of the packing.

The difference was unbelievable!

All you will need to do is specify what Db you require, within reason and they will ensure that it is as close as is achievable. 95 - 96 Db should be fine.

Obviously they will have the car to test whilst the system is being fabricated.

That sounds good, any ideas how much the silencers wiegh?

Chris, not sure if I can make it tomorrow, decorating to finish before I can let myself start working on the car, if I leave the kitchen half tiled now it will still be like that in June  :bangshead: I really must get to a Bristol & Bath meet soon.

Stickymint

Any indication as to the noise level for a busa?

A car previously done at Simpsons was managing 94 - 95Db, but as they say this will depend on state of tune, and how the manifold is fabricated etc.

Rob Marshall

That sounds good, any ideas how much the silencers wiegh?

Nope but I will endevour to weigh mine over the weekend.

Godsy1969

After manifold only for N/A Cosworth YB if the discount is good.

£560 + VAT

what days are available Paul?

do they do a Saturday or is it week days only?

I would like to be booked ASAP please.

where do I send my deposit and how much do you want?

Vx , tb`s ,with SBD low exit manifold my simpson`s silencer came in at 94db on their meter,have not tested on track yet.

I recon trackday noise levels are going to tumble in the next couple of years and with this in mind went for the biggest can i could squeeze in,look`s massive on the car compared to the 6" carbon  can i had before but if that means i can still get on track  then i can live with that.

Graham

Do they / could the do anything for an x-flow? Either bonnet or low exit....

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.