replacement windscreen where from?

TrevP

I believe the factory do a replacement service, but can take some time?

When I cracked one, I removed it from the car and took it to RAC autowindscreens. They removed it from the frame, cut a new one using it as a pattern and refitting it into the frame. All for 45quid! Took a couple of days.

The reason I needed a new one is because of the way the  grub-screws in the pillars tighten up creating a point loading on the glass. Arrgggggggh.

strip the screen down yourself and take to any glass shop and they should be able to cut you a new screen.

mine cost £25.[ watched mine done very interesting how they cut laminated glass]

or claim on your insurance. autoglass etc will probaby just order a new one with frame from westfield .its cheaper than the labour charges.about £120 i think but dont quote me :D

I spoke to my insurance, and they agreed to let me use a westfield supplied replcement with new supports and mirrors for the exess cost, But National windscreens had screwed the job up in the first place. Ian.