225bhp 2L Zetec

moody

You do not say what your current engine is that needs replacing. Carb or TB's, a zetec will need an ECU and a map to opperate it, and  RR season to optimise this. That sounds like a further £1000 to me unless you have one already?

Personally for £3K, regardless of how many potatoes it's claimed to make, I would want TB's, £3K is a serious amount of cash.

It is worth what the seller lets it go for, and what the buyer pays for it.

it should have a steel bottom end for 3k ??? i don't think so .............

it would cost way more than 3k to buy and build an engine to that spec with all those pieces on .

or are we gonna undervalue things again?

if its a decent 220/225bhp engine with 3k miles on then i would say 2.5 to 3k is about right .

a fully built engine new is 6.7k at a lesser spec than that from raceline .(210bhp) , parts alone will cost 4.2k inc vat from raceline ,so a 225bhp engine with 3k miles on it for 3k seems fine  as long as it is what it is and recipts are backing up the spec ...........

Not undervaluing anything here......I genuinly think that 3k for a secondhand engine is allot of money......

And yep 'I think' for that money, for an engine with 3k miles on it, a steel bottom end (at least con rods) would start making it worth it...........

Of course it would cost more to build.......but not allot more!.

So, IMHO, I still think 2-2.3k is closer to the mark....

I'm not that much of an expert but 195ftlbs seems rather a lot for a 2.0L. Raceline have a 220bhp spec motor that only manages 177ftlbs.

I'd want to know a lot more about it before I'd pay that much for a Zetec (I have a Zetec).

Agreed around 175 ft/lbs sound right. My old EX SBD kitted motor was  222Bhp 174ft/lb

Buzz