10 year build

5mph

Hi all   My first post

I started building my SEI w with a 2.1 Pinto in 95 after about 6 months with the car running and needing finish for MOT I left the Uk to work around the world.

Have now taken the covers off and started again.

OOOOps whats this thing called SVA and will it be poss to get my Westie through it?

Any thoughts anyone?

I will be going to the Derbyshire meeting next thursday to try to get info.

Any advice would be appreciated

5mph ???

yes it will pass however you will need to adjust certain things to do so. Radius on edges etc will need to meet the currant regs. Best advice is to build it using the SVA manual which gives you measurements etc. Then take it for the SVA expecting to fail. Then you will have a list of what needs doing.

Don't think about the SVA as being a pass or fail. It's about getting the car roadworthy and if it needs work in some area then the tester will highlight what needs doing and you bring it back and only those areas highlighted are looked at.

Jeff

Unfortunately I can't make next week's Derby/Notts meet as I am away on holiday (yipee!) but I hope you meet some new friends!

The SVA manual is expensive but I have a pdf copy of the one they put out for consultation prior to the current issue, so it's not absolutely up to date but if you PM me yr e-mail address you are welcome to have it.

If you end up going to Derby or Nottingham for SVA they're OK sort of chaps and if you present the car well they want you to pass and will give you some time to sort issues out on the day if you can.

Kerry

Thanks for the offer Kerry but I have bought a SVA manual on CD. I think its pirate but it seems to be complete. Hope to meet you at Shardlow later in the year.

Have a good holiday

Jeff

Thanks for the offer Kerry but I have bought a SVA manual on CD. I think its pirate but it seems to be complete. Hope to meet you at Shardlow later in the year.

Have a good holiday

Jeff

If it has a skull and crossbone sleeve and when you put it in the machine it goes "pieces of eight and I'll make you walk the plank " its a pirate :D

I am sure it is a legitamatly bought copy not one where HMSO has any problem with :t-up:

Have a good holiday

Jeff

Any chance of a copy?

Mark