Lombard 2006

Rob Navin

some poxy WRC Australia event means neither Wilsons are about so we wont be trekking to Greystoke.

I'll see how the land lies for getting somewhere nearer though.

BTW, the spectactor info is now on the website

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rob Navin

• studbuckle

• Buzz Billsberry

• Luke Algar

Lombard Live website will be up and running again this year.

Following last years I'm not sure how much infor there will be but worth a look at if you are intereasted

Lombard Live Clicky

Went to see him at Olivers Mount on Friday morning I sure he tried to knock me down!! He did toot and wave! Also managed toget in to Dalby forest Stage by following 3 rally cars on the back root as I new spectatoors weren't allowed into Dalby. Its the 1st rally I've been on were the satge was devoid of spectators !! just missed Rob going thro dalby he'd just gon passed as I got on to the stage

Buzz

talked to Rob last night,said they made it to the end,but had ripped the rear axle off in the day,dont know the details,but rob should be along soon to tell more..

Were back.

Dad came over to trailer the car back from Blackpool this morning

In Greystoke this Sunday morning going rond a cone I dropped the rear wheel in to a ditch and got a massive rock caught up in the rear anti roll bar.  

I mannaged to rip the rip the rear axle out of the car. The axel was twisted, the panard rod was sticking ouut where the bumper should have been and I had no breaks.  

The traveling service crew had it driving again in about an hour !  Not sure how but they did a great job, the rear axle is now held in place with chain !

Not wanting to trust this on stages we cut the last five stages and headed straight for Blackpool where we did the Prom stage.  The steering wheel was at 90 degrees to keep the car straight it was crabbing that much and we destroyed four tyres on the rear covering the 70 miles from Penrith !

Hot to disheartened, things were going really well until then with us having a 13th and 17th quickest stage time during the Sunday in a 1lt car is something that I am more than proud of.

Going to bed now but I will try and post the pictures of the aftermath latter and try and get some coverage of the stages put up somewhere.

Rob

Well done Rob anyway hope you enjoyed the experience

Buzz

Well done rob, was great to see, you and definately going to have to give it a crack next year!! :)

Luke.

Nice to catch up yesterday for the first of what turned in to a silly amount of larger.

Stuff an OS map in your old mans hands and come and play.  

I cant tell you how much fun we have had.

Ian is downloading at the stages from the onboard ( I think we missed 2 ) as soon as he has it done I will get a copy sent up to you so you can see what its all about from inside the car.

It may not be WRC but it still make the addrenilin run !

Well done rob, was great to see, you and definately going to have to give it a crack next year!! :)

So does a Diesel Turbo Xara meet the rules then Luke :D:D:D

Hi Rob,

Pleased you enjoyed it again, lucky b***er. Sounds great fun.

Shame about the rear axle. so what's the plan to stop the big rocks ripping them of in future ? as I am sure I can't tell you to slow down :D

Hi Nick.

Even with the off we had a superb time.  I'm itching to get back out with the new car as soon as possible.  If I get it done in time I'm going to book Manby for some gravel testing, I'll let you both know the date and you can pop down for a try !

How are your map reading skills mate.  Something tells me that you may be brushing up on them for number one son.

Dont worry about the Citoren that won' be harmed !

For the new car we are going for skid plates built on to the suspension to try and stop the same thing happening.  That and some extra beefing up of the pick ups.  Once we have it on a lift and put a new axle in the white one.

Not sure about this don't go faster theing.  We did the prom stage with the car held together on chains post accident and only dropped 40 seconds against the bogey.  Ian did seem worried at that point but the crouds were loving it !

Hi Rob

Good to see you and Ian yesterday.

Real bad luck with the car, but you have the dubious honour of being the only car to enter Parc Ferme sideways  :D

See you next year

Bill