2.0 Zetec Engine Mounts

The Great Fandango

Hi Guys,

Just going through the usual winter checks seeing that she's declared SORN...

I noticed the engine has moved over to the drivers side by about 15mm so investigated further.

Turns out the rubber mount is in need of replacement.

My question is:

Should I just go for normal Ford ones?

or

Are there super doopa branded ones for the purpose of fast road / track days?

I think I've seen some yellow ones in the past but might be getting muddled with bump stops?!?

Where's best to buy from?

Best regards to all and any help much appreciated.

Kyle

I got some heavy duty ones from Rally Design. Just measure the dimensions of your own first.

I dont think there is anything specifically Ford or Zetec about them, just big old rubber mounts !!

here

I got a pair of the 35mm heavy duty engine mounts from Rally Design too, direct replacement for the mounts on my 1800 zetec. (The above link points to the 50mm's).

The 35mm's were exactly the same dimensions as my originals.

Standard WF mounts are way too soft. Didn't add any noticable vibration through the chassis either.

By comparison, the rally design mounts are rock hard.

www.vibra-technics.co.uk

Check out this company for composite replacements of the standard westfield Marshmallow thing.  :p  

Give them a call, they have a competition RS2000 mount which is not in their online catalog, they will give you a discount if you compete with your car.

I have seen them used on Zetec and a pinto and they have cured the exhaust shake & crack routine. My pinto engine used to move aroun so much that the alternator fan would foul the chassis under hard cornering. :bangshead:

Barry :D

Barry