130 cams

Belgian Westi

Hey guys

Has anybody experience with upgrating his zetec 1800 with the ford 130 cams or Kent cams? Is the stock ecu "smart" enough so it can cope with the new settings? And what power increase to expect? What happens to the torque curve?

I feel it coming, a bad case of upgraditis but my budget is rather limited at the moment so a new ecu will be for later.

Thanks guys

Hello,

I have put in the 130 cams, however I did change to TB's at the same time.

You'll have to post the model number of your ECU before anyone could let you know if it can be re-mapped or not. However, from my personal experience and the advice I was given before i got it fitted, you are only doing half a job if you don't get your car on a rolling road to optimise the map to suit you individual car, as they are all slightly different. So IMO you should factor in the cost of a RR session.

I can't explain the technicalities about the cams, however AFAIK, it will increase the BHP figure a little, but it is more abbout the driveability of the car, and having done mine (although with TB's at the same time as mentioned) I found it was a great improvement to the feel of the car.

:t-up: