Generally unimpressed

timc78

Why would you ignore a good idea just because it came from a non member Blaters ? (Not saying any ideas are good or bad by the way) I know you are not that daft.

No, I'm not. But put it this way. Lets say, for the sake of argument, that the only folk complaining that the rules regarding links in signatures (for example) came from non members. So the board admins choose to ban links in sigs as it sounded like a good idea. Do you suppose that the members who's rights have been curtailed would be pleased about their rights being curtailed by folk who are not paid up members? Does that sound like a fair way to treat paid up members? Is it a reasonable way to behave? I believe not...

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Bazzer

• Blatman

• Mrs Westy

:bangshead:

Mike, this is not aimed at you, it's just the straw that broke the camels back. Please do not take the following personally...

Suggestions from non members *will* be ignored. Yes you can say it's short sighted or inward looking or arrogant or anything else, but that's the way it is. Why on earth the non members around here seem to think thay can change anything is beyond me. It also seems that it's non members who are making the most noise about not liking the rules. Here's the news. This is a club that has to cater for people that have paid money and who can and should expect some sort of service and/or benefit for their money. What they (we) wouldn't want IMNSHO is the rules being dictated to us by outsiders. By all means join in the discussion, but any suggestions you non members make are simply a waste of electrons. Even memebrs who want things to change have to email the Committee, as that is the proper procedure. So whilst the debate is good, I think I've seen quite enough now. Those of you with suggestions, and who have an entitlement to ask for a rule change, please email a committee memeber with your proposal. Those of you with no rights, please accept it and move on, or cough up and move in. There's no middle ground...

Whatever...in your irritation you clearly missed the point.

I don't take it personally, but you're being irrational which seems contrary to the opinion I have over the last few years formed of you?

I would suggest you display some leadership and welcome ideas, any ideas, from whomever (non-members are potential members too), rather than going on a whinging trip yourself.  :0

Let the whiners blow their steam, when the inital puff has gone, usually there's nothing left and take things with a pinch of salt. But DO NOT shoot ideas down for some technical b/s. Encourage and welcome ideas sharing instead, I see few reasons not to.

And you have equally missed my point. But hey, this thread descended into claim, counter calim and recrimination several pages ago. We're all so wound up that trying to make a valid point is pointless. I'm saying no more. I do have some ideas about some of the things discussed here, and I have emailed the committee with my suggestions. I bet I'm the only one who does, which will kind of make my point...

ribbon%20needle%202.jpg

Trying to think of something to say along with this but the thread is too old . . . to go though the eye of a needle but there is a point to it . . . too early in the mornig to be witty  :(

ribbon%20needle%202.jpg

Trying to think of something to say along with this but the thread is too old . . . to go though the eye of a needle but there is a point to it . . . too early in the mornig to be witty  :(

Can you get a westy through the eye of a needle???

where's all the camel drivers around here???

Loosen up chappies, its only a pastime

But ban all non members from breathing, :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

B,

I am have been in Bruges for a few days and on my return today was delighted to see that this thread was still going strong - however, it doesn't actually seem to be going anywhere in particular though although I see that a few spleens have been vented  ???

To help the thread along a bit and to ensure that it continues to change direction as it evolves, does anyone else here like asparagus?

Any one got any more crisps......

What's that Chaz....

Rivets, we need more......

Ahem, Anyone got any more 4.8mm black rivets, the last 4000 went too quickly.

Mark J  (I nicked Chaz's computer, he's building a car I think)