Generally unimpressed

timc78

Surely thats why its called the Westfield Sports Cars Club not the Westfield Owners Club  :D  :D

Bazzer

PS You guys have almost persuaded me to renew my membership  :D  :D

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Bazzer

• Blatman

• Mrs Westy

Quite right, ownership of a Westfield certainly isn't a pre-requisite of membership.    As has been stated on numerous occasions before, one of the committee drives a Dutton, and I know we have Caterham, single seaters, Lo-Costs and Striker owners in our ranks too.   It's a car club, that happens to have Westfields at it's core, that's all.

I still don't understand Harv's principles standing in the way of a little altruism.   If you mix with club members, use club members' facilities, what's so wrong with admitting that you are already involved with "single make owners' clubs, and simply fork out the necessary?   I'm still sticking with tight wad!

:):):)

i feel i give back what i have taken out .i don't see the benifit in me giving the club 25 quid a year ....... its as simple as that , i don't need to use the for sale/wanted sections i don't want to sprint in the speed series , i have no desire to read westfield world ,so maybe i can be left in peace not badgered for not donating .

if anybody feels really agreeved and think its a money issue then send me detail of a worthy charity , if its close to your heart  all the better and i'll quite hapily donate £25 in that direction if it makes people feel better ,but i don't need to or want to join the wscc ? surely its not a crime

if anybody feels really agreeved and think its a money issue then send me detail of a worthy charity , if its close to your heart  all the better and i'll quite hapily donate £25 in that direction

How about the little known non WSCC members society?.

They don't have many members but it is a worthy cause.

:D

I'm a member an I'm owreet

I work all day and drink all neet

I've got one testicle bigger than the other

But I don't give a kin b*******  :p

I  have not been to a surrey meet for months

Harv, wash your mouth out with soap - you don't know what you've been missing ....

send me detail of a worthy charity , if its close to your heart  all the better and i'll quite hapily donate £25 in that direction

I have one - its the John Loudon benevolent fund. PM me for details on how to donate  :p

:0  :0

I go away for a bit, and miss all the fun!    :0  :0  :oops:

BTW  Like the new look site!  :t-up:  :t-up:

Is it worth £25 ? Or even a small part of that £25.....   ???

Probably......

Is it fair that my tin top (company car) costs £25 per year less in TAX than my westi, even though the Tin Top is 2L and the Westi 1800? ?   ???

No! ! !

Did I miss curborugh 'cos it was arranged for the wrong weekend? I only got back in the UK late Friday, and was too Jet lagged (or was it hungover?) to get off my A*** Saturday morning... although I wanted to try some marshalling and had already bought and prepared my camping equipment etc?   :zzz:  :zzz:

Yes!!

Is it fair? NO!

Is it the fault of the WSCC? No!

Although sometimes, I just like to moan........ and it's always easier to blame someone else, than look at my own actions and what I have or haven't contributed, perhaps if I moan enough someone will wave a magic wand and it will all be better? If not, I'll find another club, perhaps they'll be better, and I'll have less to moan about?

Mat.

Generally Unimpressed.

:bangshead:  :bangshead:

;)

Out of interest (for another reason than car events).

Does anyone know :-

What constitutes an organised event ?

What constitutes an organiser ?

I would applogies for the thread drift but I think we have done every thing accept religion on this thread  :D

Bazzer

I'm no legal expert, but I would say that for a person of a mind to sue (given our current litigious culture inherited from our friends across the pond) an organised event could be interpreted as any gathering that was pre-arranged for any purpose, and that the organiser was anyone who had a hand in planning or advertising the event.

For Public Liability claims to be valid, the event might have to be in a public place, or a place to which the public are invited/have paid to attend.

Take that to its natural conclusion and you would be too scared to invite friends to go to the pub with you incase they did somthing like drop a glass and cut someone.

Bazzer

Ok I have resisted commenting on this but can't any longer.

I have no problem with someones's choice not to join the club if they don't want to. Harv chastised me a few months ago for my"join the club" response. Bit miffed at the time but can see the point now.

It's personal choice whether to or not. I support the WSCC with my £25 'cos I think it's worth it. Similarly I fund the National Trust and English Heritage 'cos I think it's worth it. I do not fund any politiocal party 'cos I don't think they're worth it, or the National  Front or the Animal Liberation Front.

But some might, and that's their choice.

The WSCC has a broad spectrum of membership from polishers to racers. Each have/want their own thing and whilst the club caters for all then I'll pay up. It's not about magazines and calendars, nice though they are, but mutual support, friendship and tolerance, things that are difficult to put a price on.

I have just had a mishap with my car - my own fault - but I personally find it gratifying that folks are sorry for me. That's worth more than £25 TO ME.

Kerry

I agree that no one should be forced to pay to join the WSCC. However, if you choose not to join the club, you also choose to have no part in the way that any part of it is run. By all means use the services that you are entitled to, but don't complain about the rules of the club being enforced. This I think (it seems a long time ago now) was were the thread started.

We agreed to the rules when we registered on the boardroom and so have no excuse for complaining when illegal posts are removed.

I also support the comittee taking whatever steps are necessary to protect them and us from litigation, however unlikely you may think it to be.

John

By all means use the services that you are entitled to, but don't complain about the rules of the club being enforced.

Abso - bl**** - lutely :t-up:

Where's the advert?

Admittedly, it did have a link, but all I was mentioning was a business I've bought stuff from. Is this any different from someone saying I should get my brake pads from Rally Design? ???

Andy