Generally unimpressed

timc78

From the look of this thread, non-member newbies would appear to get very different treatment to repeated, very thinly disguised commercial adverts for used cars for sale, both westfield and non-westfield, from one member in particular...

:devil:  :bangshead:  :oops:  :suspect:

That certainly shouldn't be the case. I try to be consistent in my moderation of posts....

Andy

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adhawkins

• Bazzer

• Blatman

• Mrs Westy

ok then guys - how about a challenge?

timc78 - ask us a Nissan question - and we'll see if there aren't a few bods here would post an answer!

- as to joining - don't bother if you dont mind not posting in the wanted/for sale section - but that doesn't stop you pm-ing if someone is selling what you want! do a few searches here and you'll find most of the answers are here already anyhow! - i am surprised i am the first to mention that....

....there are others who are usually quicker --- lots quicker :p

- as to joining - don't bother if you dont mind not posting in the wanted/for sale section

Hmm...but there's a whole lot more to the WSCC than just this forum (although I'd happily pay £25 a year just for access to it).

It'd be a shame to miss out on what the WSCC is all about (people with similar cars getting together and enjoying them) just because of a false start on the boardroom...

Andy

However, at the end of the day the boardroom rules regarding adverts are there for all to see, and they agree to them when they sign up.

"Adverts Section: Two new rules. No Ebay Links (see above). No adverts on behalf of other people."

why has this been left then or have i read the rules wrong?

Quite simply because the guy selling it has mitigating circumstances i.e. No insurance company would cover him and he has offered a donation to club funds for posting the advert as a thank you for all the help and assistance he received.

Lloyds original For Sale posting was removed, for which he apologised  ;)

Tim receieved requests not to post wanted adverts however thinly veiled - he chose to ignore and re-word - advert was removed.

From the look of this thread, non-member newbies would appear to get very different treatment to repeated, very thinly disguised commercial adverts for used cars for sale, both westfield and non-westfield, from one member in particular...

:devil:  :bangshead:  :oops:  :suspect:

That certainly shouldn't be the case. I try to be consistent in my moderation of posts....

Andy

So you have no idea who Tim might be refering to with his comment ?

Bazzer

Edited to add I have no problem with the person in question, I am just amazed you don't realise who he is on about.

what engine are you running in your westy (tim - is it?) not many running nissans - would be nice to see how it works - if you have a question - best place is to use the search feature top of the screen.. :t-up:

Sorry you've had a bad experience Tim, stick with it and it's well worth the effort, there are a few rules to posting on the boardroom ( as you've discovered) but once you master them you'll find it indespensable. PM me if you need to know anything specific and I'll try to help.

So you have no idea who Tim might be refering to with his comment ?

Nope, I didn't.

It could be that I don't read the threads concerned (I read most threads, but some threads that are blatantly of no interest to me, I don't read).

Andy

I think you might have been unlucky - I've only been around for a week or two, but I've already had loads of friendly advice and offers of help...  (and without being told I needed to signup - one thing I liked about here in comparison to blatchat)

Tim receieved requests not to post wanted adverts however thinly veiled - he chose to ignore and re-word - advert was removed.

I apologise for the first wanted post, I did not fully read the forum rules, and that was my mistake, being unfamiliar with this environment.

However, I fail to see how the second and third posts were construed as Wanted posts.  Except that it was then known that I was looking for parts, and that knowledge would allow a certain level of assumption to occur.

If I were to say, for example, that I wish to enquire what tyre would fit and be good for a 8.5jx17 ET35 wheel, would that constitute a wanted post?

You could argue that I want tyres (for example), but I have not asked for any - merely the information to allow me to make a decision, and persue my own lines of supply...

By that rationale, you would have to delete half the posts on the forum, as someone enquiring what anti-roll bars people use for track use (for example) would therefore be posting a wanted ad for anti-roll bars

Strangeness and double standards.

--

My Westie is Ford powered - but I find the Ford employees and countless kit-car owners on my other marques owners club to be very knowledgable, if a bit thin on the ground.  Unfortunately my Wetsie isn't SR20DET powered, please don't even suggest it! :D

Thanks for all the comments guys, It looks like my issue could well be isolated, so I'll take it on the chin and keep an eye here for any queries I have :)

Quite simply because the guy selling it has mitigating circumstances i.e. No insurance company would cover him and he has offered a donation to club funds for posting the advert as a thank you for all the help and assistance he received.

Hhhhhmmmmm!

Rules is rules IMO club chairman or not.

:(  ???

Tim, why not post your wants and help on

www.westfieldracing.co.uk, there's a few on there who maybe able to assist ;)  :p  :p  :cool:

Rules is rules IMO club chairman or not.

agreed, and for that I apologise, however I would do same for anyone else that has firstly contributed with help and guidance for others and not merely made their first posting as a wanted advert  :(  :( there are many other sites that allow non-members to post wanted and for sale such as Pistonheads or Ian Conibears site  :)