V8 or BEC

Edd

I am in the market for a Westfield soon.

I'm not contrained by a budget am have my eyes on a Megabusa. However back on my mind i keep thinking a V8 would be nice...would sound nice, plus should be very nice to drive with the torque.

However i primarily want the car for an occasional weekend car and mainly a track car (will trailer it)

To me the busa seems the best option

Just wondered what people thought of the V8 as a car and how it compares on track to a BEC. I will most likely get te engine refreshed and turbo'd at Holeshot in the future when it gets tired.

Opinions?

Also quick Q, what engine class do BEC's go into? is there a multiple like with turbo cars to make them equivalent of n/a

many thanks

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Edd

• Bazzer

• V 8

• JeffC

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno how the busa would compare to the v8 for driving as i've never driven the v8. the busa on the other hand is a different type of monster. i was persuaded to get one and i haven't regretted it. the acceleration and handling are totally great and even better on track. i always loved the sound of a v8 but the noise from a busa at full tilt is something to be experianced. :D  Plus you also get the best responses from people when you tell them its only a 1.3 :p .

to sum up i'd reckomend the busa, but then again i am slightly biased :D:D:D:p:p:p

Yeh i tend to think the Busa is the vehicle of choice really.

Just wanted to see whether the V8 could hold its own against BEC power. Without ever driven a V8 westfield (have driven a 2.0 lancia engined one) i can't comment but would imagine it is great to drive on the roads with the low down torque, but probably not the best setup on track?!

To be honest, pretty much decided on a Busa, just if someone comes out and says how amazing a V8 is i may reconsider.

However the missus would quite like her own westfield so i may convince herto get an Seight  :0

How much different do the busa's sound compared to a motorbike? Does the layout of the exhaust change it that much?

Thanks for your help

if you decide on a busa you will need one of these to cope with the power   busa

if you are buying A v8 I would recomend one of these   v8

:D  :D  :D  :D  :p  :p   :devil:

Haha i think i've made my mind up then  :p

I'll make sure the missus gets a V8 for the weekend picnic then  ;)

Saw a nice purple one with a Chimaera 5.0V8 in it, surely this must go like an absolute rocket? or does Busa power still beat it hands down?

I run a V8 and am very glad I did.  If you want a car for the odd weekend blat and mainly for track days then I would say get the Busa.  I got my V8 initially for road use and the odd track day.  This has now switched to road use and the Speed series.  It's great fun to drive and suitably quick for the sprints, but most competitiors will judge themselves against the outright speed of the bike engined boys.

If I had a car mainly for the track then I have to admit to liking the idea of a Busa but I wil probably end up getting more out of my V8 as I think it sounds awesome.

Jeffery  :p

Jeffery  :p

didnt think it would take you long  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :devil:

I am building an SEiGHT at the moment so my opionion would be biased towards a V8 no I have told you my camp, I would say that if you intend to do lots of tracks days and a little road then BEC is the way to go. If you intend to do more road driving and no or little track then car power is the way to go. I think the BEC high revving nature would start to get a bit tiresom on the road.

Yep, BEC probobly the best option. You only need to know how to steer :arse:

Yep, BEC probobly the best option. You only need to know how to steer :arse:

With the throttle on yours then  :D  :D

I'd go BEC if you're into performance OR V8 if you're into lifestyle.

is that a lifestyle of looking for petrol stations :p:p

sorry ;)