Carbon Fibre

Liam

:t-up:yep i hope :yes:

Carbonmods.co.uk supplied me with a Permagrit blade for my jigsaw, I have cut loads of carbon it goes through it like a knife through butter and hasn't worn at all.

I would not use metal blades personally as I would be worried they could tear the carbon weave? But could be wrong

tin snips cut real carbon fibre no problem leaves lovely finish easier than alloy panels

Carbon dashboards that are " too thick" are usually backed up with grp or have a layer or coremat etc used as a reinforcement.

Not needed with 4 ply  of 200g  carbon! :blush:

I would like to see what results come from a 2 x400gsm 2 twill front ply then some rohacell of 4mm thick then another 2 plys of 400gsm... The rohacell shouldnt dry the top ply out with 400 matt.. And will be lite and strong....