Weber vs Omex

dunc

Hi guys

Any thoughts on which is better for a Zetec installiation running twin 45`s.

Any information and advice would be great

Regards

Dunc

Hi Dunc,

I think the OMEX range of ECUs is the former GEMS system which OMEX are now marketing.

I have the GEMS ignition only system on my zetec and have had no problems at all in 13,000 miles / 2 and a bit years.

I haven't got round to trying the mapping software but according to the OMEX site it is freely available and, in fact, you can download a fully functioning version from their site.

I have heard that the Weber software is only available to their dealers meaning that you have to take it to a suitably equipped rolling road to get access to the maps.

This reduces your choice of options to only those rolling roads who are Weber agents and I think this is reason enough to go for the OMEX system.

Kevin

Dunc Kevin is absolutly spot on the Omex system is the exact system as the Gems and Luminition systems just marketed under a different liecence,if you have a lap top or can access one and have a little bit of knowledge you have to go the home mappable route just in case you want to touch it at a later date,i also would look at the Emerald and DTA systems as they are also well regaurded in the ECU scene..

:t-up: the choice is yours one out the three.just a thought a rolling road session can easily whack up to the £250 mark as well :0