gearbox noise

stormin norman

when you put it into first gear it clonks into it , and when start moving it makes a horrible whining noise even worse when you go fast and when you let of the gas ,its sounds terrible on the move  ???

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stormin norman

• Gazza

• Mark Stanton

• SteveD

Thats no way to talk about your missus  :p  :)  ;)  :t-up:  :D

next..............................  :D  :)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  :devil:

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii sounds shagged to me  :0  :arse:

its a ford g/box 5 speed it has an alloy top on it considering taking it out tommorow as i have a spare box to try and see if it is any quieter

Can't wait keep us informed ......... don't stay up too late  ;)  :D  :)  :D

if you take it out can i have the alloy top  ;) mail me

Norman

Before you take it off, what are you comparing the noise levels too? Please do not take this the wrong way but, Westfields do not have any soundproofing around the gearbox and therefore do whine. The noice usually becomes more apparent when you release the clutch.

Regards

Stuart

taken the box out today and fitted the other box it is now much better its so quiet , taken the top off the old 5 speed  box and the gears look different to me ! dont know what its out of ? so steve if you want the top hows a fiver sound and if anybody wants the old box for spares £25 its got to be worth that as spares , cant give a gaurantee with it though  also have gear lever that looks different aswell

taken the top off the old 5 speed  box and the gears look different to me

I'll bet it's a straight cut 'box. Revise your price upwards to about £600...........otherwise, for £25, I'll take it, subject to inspection.........

Chris,

Bring back Eddie !!!!  :D

stormin ill take the lot call me  :D  ;) forget blatters i was here first ill give you £25 for the lot ill even collect it

Classic  :D

So....any one else out there just bought a car with a 'noisy' 4 or 5 spd box with a sparkly top cover etched with strange words like "Quaiffe".

:p