Simpson BB 7" SS silencers

Paul Ash

B*ll*cks!!! Now I can't even post images on here!!!   I've done that plenty of times but keep gettin gthe following error message...  

" You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board. A valid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.gif, an invalid format is: http://www.domain.com/picture.one.gif "

And thats with clicking the image button and adding this text into the pop-up box? ? ? ?

http:// avatars.gentlyhosting.co.uk/7281.jpeg  

this one?

7281.jpeg

Did exactly what you said. Are you using copy and paste to copy the URL from the avatar service (right click the link to the right of the image and select 'Copy Shortcut' )? ???

Andy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul Ash

• JimNoble

• stu999

• pete g

Would like to receive all payments by Thursday 8th

Yes thats next week!, so that the order can be placed prior to me going to LeMans.

Paul

List updated & Payments received so far shown.

OK - Final call for Silencer Bulk Buy.

The list so far.

1.Chasf42  (chq received)

2. Higgsti (chq received)

3. Steve_m

4. Deano1

5.  ivor.rankine (chq received)

6. rickslack

7. Shovey (TBC)

Dated 13/06/06 21.08

If anyones missing or not taking part in this offer let me know.

Paul

Update

I am still awaiting payments from people, so the order will have to be placed when I return from LeMans.

Sorry for the delay, for those who have already paid.

However No cheques will be banked until I have payments from everyone. Hopefully we can finalise eveything upon my return.

If anyone is waiting for anything from me, then drop me a PM or E-mail.

Regards

Now that I'm back from Le Mans  :D  heres the list.

I,m still waiting for a couple of people to respond to my email / PM last night. So hurry up or you will left out !

List updated & Payments received so far shown.

OK - Final call for Silencer Bulk Buy.

The list so far.

1.Chasf42             (chq received)

2. Higgsti              (chq received)

3. Deano1             (chq received)

4. jonnymouse      (chq received)

5.  ivor.rankine      (chq received)

6. rickslack            (please confirm !!)

7. NigelCodey       (awaiting payment)

8. DWilkes             (TBC)

Dated 20/06/06 13.25

If anyones missing or not taking part in this offer let me know.

Paul

Thats cos your on the wrong thread :bangshead:

You are on the full system BB  :t-up:

silly boy :p  :durr:  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Yes Deano.1 I have recieved your PM.

We will sort this out when the can is ready, & will sort a date out that suits you both.

Regards

Update.

Sorry for the delay everyone, but at this point in time we only have 6 people who have committed to the silencer BB, following several people dropping out.

The deal was based around 10+

I have spoken with Simspons this morning and they are prepared to run with the 6 at this time, but will accept anyone else interested for a while longer, these can be added as we go.

I'll place the order this week and confirm the delivery timescale.

paul

Oooh, so I have a 2nd chance to get my act together and put an order in?

I have a 1.8 Speedsport with the standard Westfield manifold. Current exhaust is very very noisy (only passed SVA by something silly like 0.3dB), so would want to maximise width and length to get it as quiet as possible.

I'll have a trawl back through the thread, but if anyone has any dimensions they've already worked out for similar setups I'd be grateful for some rough numbers to work from.

Presumably having a Cat in there would reduce the sound deadening capability a bit?

Is Camcoating (black satin) an option, or something that would have to be done afterwards?

Cheers,

Jim

Ps. Paul, need to chat to you sometime about some mods to my luggage rack, or maybe a custom version...

I'm interested to, as my westfield trackday can keeps cracking and fed with getting it rewelded.  :angry:  :angry:

Can i contact simpsons direct and just mention the bulk buy ?

Cheers

Trev

I've had a measure up and put the numbers into a google sketch-up model.

It's a bit crude, but it has everything there I think:

Exhaust_small.jpg

Sketch-up Exhaust model

Does that look sensible? 700mm might be pushing it, and it may be necessary to angle it in towards the bodywork a bit, lest it become the widest point on the car! Can the pipe linking the silcencer to the manifold be made to measure at fitting time?

I'm seeing 51mm external and 48.25mm internal on the connecting end of the westfield manifold. (The Westfield exhaust has a tube within a tube with internal/external dimensions: 45mm/47.5mm and 51.25mm/53.75mm).

A couple of things occured to me while I was creating the model - would it be possible/sensible to put a cat inside the link pipe? (not the feline sort  :oops: ) You could then substitute a straight-through pipe for (ahem) track use. Guess I should ask Simpsons about that...

Also, would it make sense to go for a wider entry/exit tube on the silencer? If my understanding is correct, a wider pipe would slow the exhaust gases down a bit, giving more opportunity for the silencer to, well, silence. The link pipe would provide the step-up, and the tail pipe would be sized to suit.

Apologies for asking questions so late in the process. Pen and cheque book at the ready though - will post as soon as I determine if I want the cat verison...

Thanks,

Jim

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.