Aintree

davidgh

Agree with above comments.

Theres not that many places you get 6 runs, sunburn and drive home before the kebab shop shuts  :p

Well done LMC  :t-up:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arm

• Terry Everall

• Bananaman

• adhawkins

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they'll be able to see this thread, as it's in the competitors' restricted area.

Doh, that's a very good point!

I could move it if people thought it justified (but it'd have to be moved before Ash sent them a link, cos otherwise his link would be invalid...)

Andy

Ok wont send the link but will send a note of thanks.

Ash, see my note above.

I can move this thread into the general 'Sprinting / Hillclimbing' section that anyone can see...

Andy

Andy

I think Liverpool Motor Club would like to see the comments from the WSCC competitors, so if its not too much bother and we keep on track then yes please.

I think Liverpool Motor Club would like to see the comments from the WSCC competitors, so if its not too much bother and we keep on track then yes please.

Done.

Not sure I can help with the second bit though ;)

Andy

been derogatry comments on the website in the past about Aintree (even from our illustrious Chairman,perhaps tongue in cheek )

Only about its location Mr H  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil: If Aintree were a few mile further norf or even sarf .......... away from Scally-land it would be perfick  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D hubcap anyone

George don't ditch your 1600 VX - Keith, Steve C and Bros Smallridges have always gone well, and if its enough to drag my lard  :arse: around then it's got enough torks  :D  :D  :devil:  :D

Wotbox has also used one in a previous existance - bostin little engine  :D  ;)  :D

George

Whats all this musing about 2.0 litre power? Are you having a senior moment?  1600VX - you know it makes sense!

Sorry to hear of the dramas though.

Best Wishes

Keith

Agree with everyone else, cracking event even for an asthmatic x-flow.  can't get the hang of these new brakes yet!! :suspect:  :suspect:

I am reliably informed, or supposedly reliably that 1600 VX,s have an inherant head gasket/head bolt stretching problem. Has anybody else heard or suffered this problem??

The Smallridges, Chris Jones and a father and son duo in a yellow Westfield in the Midland series (Mira) seem to go extremely well.But do they keep "bostin" ?

Mark, no problems of any decription with the neighbours?neighbourhood at Aintree. We must'nt attract the "scallies".

Hope that's not tempting providence.

have an inherant head gasket/head bolt stretching problem. Has anybody else heard or suffered this problem??

The torquing down is a pain and needs to be done in correct sequence :blush:  :D but other than that  :)  :D

Wot no golf ball knicking mini-scallies this year  :D  :D  :D

Agree with everyone's comments  -  excellent organisation.

Had a great day - shame I couldn't sort my gear selection issues out though  :angry:  :angry:  Came rather close to a one of the grand national fences on one occassion :blush:

At least a certain person following me got a couple of re-runs!! :devil:   :D  

(He also kindly pointed me to picture 304 on whatnonegatives :p  )

On behalf of LMC, thanks for the kind comments on our event last Saturday, delighted to hear you all had a good time.

2 practice runs, 6 timed runs with a total of 741 starts wasn't a bad start to the season. (I got sunburned as well)

As far as I know no golf balls or other substances were offed for sale, but if anyone wants hubcaps.......

Look forward to seeing you again next time.

Bill - LMC Chief Marshal

Agree with everyone's comments  -  excellent organisation.

Had a great day - shame I couldn't sort my gear selection issues out though  :angry:  :angry:  Came rather close to a one of the grand national fences on one occassion :blush:

At least a certain person following me got a couple of re-runs!! :devil:   :D  

(He also kindly pointed me to picture 304 on whatnonegatives :p  )

I still want to know how much he was paying you for all them 2nd runs he was getting on hot tyres..... :D

nj6q0269_whatnonegatives_std.jpg

:oops::oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops: