• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slippy

• Mark Stanton

• funbobby

• John Loudon - Sponsorship Liaison

SOLD SUBJECT TO THE DEPOSIT CLEARING :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well done Maude. See you in Class E at Llandow then?  :)

Were almost there David, got some interest in mine now too.

Mr Al Yupright will be  happy man :D

Cheers David althought to date I'm not overly impressed with the VFM of the SS

Neither will you ever be Slippy; nor with any other sprint series. This sport is on a par with sailing when it comes to VFM.

The only blessing is that normally you have to sign the cheque so far in advance that you've forgotten the pain by the time you reach the circuit.

As David says, if you're after value for money, then at the moment Sprinting / Hillclimbing ain't it. For example, at Ty Croes last year for about £160 I got something like 8 runs, all around the 90 second mark. That's about 12 minutes of track time...

The track day on the Friday is a similar cost, and I got way more track time than that...

Andy

I can appreciate that once you get to a level where you are competing for top spot it would probably make sense but as it is when you are learning it aint the best I think we may stick to track days etc until such time ???

Maude - sprinting and Hills is perhaps not best VFM ........... but you don't need to be at the top of the field to enjoy it and you haven't had the best of times at your first event with the various timing probs etc  ;)  ;)  :(  :(  :down: but at least you've given it a go -

For me I'm hoping to do around 13 events this year and I haven't done 1 yet - mostly weekends and local venues - main issue for me is - it gets me away from work and the office  :D  :D  :D  :D and that's one thing I really do enjoy  :D  :D

Maybe we'll see you at Curborough in June where the paddock craic is at its peak  :D  :D  ;) and we try and work in as many timed runs as poss, weather and "moments" permitting  :D  ;)

Get yourself upto (or down to  ;) ) and Olivers Mount hillclimb (Scarborogh) or 2. Always lots of runs there and the entry fees are a bargain. I have just done a 2 day event there and had a convoy run, 2 practice runs and 8 timed runs over the 2 days for £100 including free camping, hot hater and showers. plus its near the sea.

John

Olivers mount is only an hour from me and we looked it because of the two days but decided against because it is so tight and probably not ideal for those wet behind the ears :p

A two day format would be spot on: Day one a relaxed track day so everyone get used to the circuit then balls out timed runs on day two ?

A two day format would be spot on: Day one a relaxed track day so everyone get used to the circuit then balls out timed runs on day two ?

Maude ....... that ain't gonna happen, unless you enter the WSCC Curborough   ;)  ;)  ;) Saturday afternoon track use and Sunday sprint, free camping, free wind-ups all for just £65.00 - find cheaper, now there's a challenge.

Weekend hire for circuits costs a lot of money  ;) next nearest to your ideal is Ty Croes - Fri = Bookatrack track day then saturday and Sunday are sprint meeting  ;)  :)  :D

Ollies as John notes is a good little track and offers reasonable VFM ............. however it sure has claimed a number of "write-off victims" over the years  :down:  :down:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.