16" Wheels

carworks

If so what off set and rim J, did you go with, what size tyres and did you have to do any mod's to get them on.

I know it will probably handle like a pig but if I can keep it low it should look great.

If so what off set and rim J, did you go with, what size tyres and did you have to do any mod's to get them on.

I know it will probably handle like a pig but if I can keep it low it should look great.

Don't do it!

i used to have 16 " x7.5 j 215/40/16  wheels  15et

http://www.wscc.co.uk/area/essex/Member_Peter.html

car spec changed abit now lol.

dont believe everything people tell you .

16" wheels was fine ,only changed down to get size tyres i wanted.

for sale if you interested

:D  :D

i used to have 16 " x7.5 j 215/40/16  wheels  15et

http://www.wscc.co.uk/area/essex/Member_Peter.html

car spec changed abit now lol.

dont believe everything people tell you .

16" wheels was fine ,only changed down to get size tyres i wanted.

for sale if you interested

:D  :D

if you want to maintain the same rolling circumference then the profile of the tyre must be smaller than say 13 or 15" and that will affect ride quality not to mention that the tyres would be more expensive.

If you keep the same profile and they fit then you are effectively changing the final drive ratio which will increase top end but reduce acceleration.

Granted  it is up to the individual what they want to install just pointing out that changing the wheel and tyre combination has effects on handling, performance and running costs and that this effects should be considered.

adam

sorry not having a pop at you

your right about profiles

my rolling diameter with 16" wheels was the same as my old 14" wheels

wheels were heavier but that was just the type i was using, but tyres weighed half what im running now. R888 205/50/15

grip was great with bigger wheels but steering will be a lot heavier and you will get tramling on bad roads.

still for sale

2 with brand new toyo t1s tyres

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D

adam

wheels were heavier but that was just the type i was using, but tyres weighed half what im running now. R888 205/50/15

grip was great with bigger wheels but steering will be a lot heavier and you will get tramling on bad roads.

still for sale

Pete how much are you asking for the wheels?  What are the specs (PCD and offset) also what condition are they and finally where are you?

pm sent :D6944.jpeg6943.jpeg6942.jpeg

I have 16's on mine they are 7 1/2 x 16 ,ET30 offset with 205/45/16 front 225/45/16 rear drives and handles great. BUT unsprung weight is not an issue for me but might be for less powerful cars.

adam

still for sale

Pete how much are you asking for the wheels?  What are the specs (PCD and offset) also what condition are they and finally where are you?

Pit Bull

I bought a set of 14's of Pete that he said were in o.k condition, when I arrived they were not far off perfect :-)

5 X 14" Wheels & Tyres £80 Bargain

Top guy to deal with and I was V tempted to buy the 16's off him, Bargain