rs2000 bellhousing

damianc

I'm planning on installing the above, zetec to type 9, in the near future.  My plan is to make a 5mm thick alloy plate across the RH starter mounting holes to take the clutch cable, probably with penny washers or the like to avoid damaging the aluminium over time.

Does anyone know of any issues if I follow this route?

Looks like a day out at the sea side is going to be sooner rarther than later you are welcome to look at my Zetec and t9 box in my car its Cleethorpes and sunny all day every day :D  :D  :D

Paul.

And the same as mine on a X-Flow. Dont need the penny washers though. Put both adjuster nuts on the outside of the plate to make adjustment easier and slot the cable hole in the plate to a keyhole shape so that the thinnest slot breaks out to the edge of the plate. This makes cable insertion easier by virtue that the inner cable can be slipped down the thin slot and then push the outer cable into the larger slot.

John