failed sva again!

jamie

When for me retest Wednesday and he only had a couple of point not the correct radiuses etc on the fuel gauge and windscreen pillars and tensile strength of the eye bolts as mentioned here last time I failed.

Well mark at Westfield got me a copy of the test results on the strength supplied by their suppler pucker!!!!!!!!!

But Southampton will not accept a copy it must be an original? So failed me again w------r’s.

So Westfield is trying to sort out sva at Swansea to agree the paper work on the strength for me top men!!

Still only go to Southampton if you have a few days to kill as the 3-points I failed on still took them 2 hours to fail again?

jamie

This seems to be conclusive that Southampton should be avoided at all costs!

Sounds like Westfield are doing all they can for you though.

Good luck.

So Westfield is trying to sort out sva at Swansea to agree the paper work on the strength for me top men!!

And very commendable .............. having not had to go through the rigours of SVA ........... when your car passes at Swansea ......... would it be in the same condition as your last fail at Southampton  ???

If it were to pass in this condition would there be recourse for compensation  ???  or at least having the tester at Southampton re-assessed  ???

There are so many differing stories and so much apparent lack of consistancy  ???  :(

If you can complian about MOT stations and have them investigated, then why not SVA stations  ???  :(  ;)

I think you can appeal against an SVA decision if you think it's unreasonable. Don't know what this means for the tester though. Problem is, they are probably following the manual to the letter and if they can claim that they failed it because they were concerned about the copy you supplied who can argue with them?

I have been at an SVA while the centre was being inspected by one of the top bods and, although they baulked at the "trolley jack in the car park" solution to one of the little pointe we were pulled up on, they were a lot more reasonable that Southampton seem to be.

Kevin

stormin norman

(i am the southamton ****** you refer to and i will be ringing swansea on monday)

Thanks mate I hope you can sort it out for us and while your on the phone ask how long a test is on average probaly not 7.5 hours

nice try stormin

jamie

:)  :)  :)

Stormin Norman am I right in understanding that you are the SVA tester at Southampton, may be you should look at the SVA rules again, why do Westfield recommend that the last SVA centre you should ever consider using is Southampton :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

I belive that the SVA test has got rid of a lot of poor qulitiy kit cars which has to be good, but the nit picking of many testers is way over the top, and it would be nice if there was some consistancy from centre to centre. I was so put off by the SVA test that I went out and brought a 2nd hand Westfield, which I will now modify into the car that suits me, ie. a million miles from SVA, but still legal, well JUST :cool:  :devil:  :cool:

I went to Scott Beeland's 1st SVA and have to say that the tester at Liverpool was quite reasonable, considering the restrictive rules, he knew full well that once Scott had the paperwork he would be modifing the car into something that would be usable and FFFFUUUNNN :devil:  :cool:  :D

I'll second that. on my retest the guy even assisted in removing my very temporary exhaust covering before I left for home after passing... now that's taking the p***!!

By the way it's now official Q71 HPA!!!! :cool:  :cool:

Excellant Scott good to hear that your Bog House Blue Monster is finaly legal, :devil: how many miles did you do on the first day?

According to the DVLA website (www.roads.dft.gov.uk/vehicles/sva) "evidence of compliance with full type-approval standard or acceptable alternative" for seat belt anchorages is only required for Enhanced SVA, which as I read it is not applicable to amateur built cars anyway. Or am I wrong??

Going for my (well the car's) SVA soon. Nearest test stations are either Leighton Buzzard or Yeading - anyone got anything good or bad to say about either??

I emailed the VIA last year about rumours re SVA and got the following reply:

06/19/01 08:54 AM

To: me

Subject: SVA test fees

Dear Mr. H,

I am astounded at the rumors that abound within the motor

industry in general. I can assure you that the SVA test fees at present will not

rise within the near future & if they do rise it will  certainly be no where

near the amount you have stated (a few pounds only). Amateur built vehicles are

exempt from the ESVA test as the Enhanced test is for Commercial Retail

Importers plus Personal Importers where they cannot fulfill the import criteria.

I hope the above covers your queries and if you require any further information

please do not hesitate to contact me

Regards

A.H. Simpson

Technical Officer

Hope that helps,

Mike