Seat Ideas

anorakman

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked many times before.

I currently have a pair of adjustable low back seat in my SEi Wide, and thinking about changing to a pair of high back racing seats. I would like some with harness holes.

What have people used and has there been any fitting problems – I do need them to adjust (slide) forwards and back.

Any recommendations and thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

anorakman

I'm just fitting a carbon/kevlar high back seat from Plays Kool - easy to fit and simply cut your holes to suit your individual harness set-up  ;)  :)

Its very supportive, particularly across the shoulders  ;)

I'm fitting mine without adjustment - but ring PKM - they might do some suitable for runners  ;)

I've just ordered a pair direct from Motordrive and having them adjusted slightly to account for my thighbone which seems to get nipped by most seats.  The mould is very similar to Plays Kool seats but slightly wider at the front of the seat and with a larger anti-submarine boss thingy.

They can make them up in glass/carbon/carbon+kevlar and also make rails to suit including rails which adjust precisely between 2 drivers.  High quality work at very reasonable prices!  The tricky bit is getting hold of Alan on the phone

http://www.motordrive.com

Nor are titanium bolts but I got some for beer money so its even lighter now and still filling bits of here and there.

6 hours in the work shop to save 30 grammes good job I was getting paid as well.

Are you going to Cadwell this year? Slipstream Javlin or any other organiser.

See you there.

NTL: I like the way you type in a URL, the server MUST know it's a directory and to my mind ought to enter it and serve the default page.  It doesn't.  It gives a 404.  people like 404's.

No plans for Cadwell this year, although I do quite fancy doing at least one day there. Biggest problem right now is still no sprint car.............. ???

I mounted my Motordrive seats on ally rails and uprights as supllied my Allan he has a video of the fitting in my car as my car was one of the first to have these seats with an aero screen straight on the floor is about right.

The seats also passed SVA at Beverly test center in March this year.

Blatman dont be a girl you have two Westfields so no excuses not to be at Cadwell Green or Blue it will be airborne over the mountain if you are trying just the same. Richard Ince did a 1:26 ish a week or so ago at the first of two Slipstreem days

Also I can get the key for the weighbridge for one or two cars

Paul. :D  :D  :D