super sticky double sided tape

Martin Young

Heelo folks,

My 3D ignition module has managed to unstick itself from the bulkhead. Does anyone know of a super strong double sided adhesive tape / pad that could be used to re-fix it?

All the Best.

Martin.

Hi Martin

Try the stuff that they use to restick rear view mirrors on the windscreens with. You can get the stuff from any motor place like Halfords and the ilk. I'm sure there's one near you, else you will definately get it in Dunfermline. If you can't get any, give me a shout and I'll get some from the wee shop down the road. :t-up:

Halfords sell rolls of thin black double-sided tape called Trim Tape that's designed to stick badges and trim on etc for tin-tops. Very strong stuff and works really well - useful to have in the garage for lots of jobs.

Just a thought, but perhaps you should check with the ECU / Module manufacturer that this is an OK way to mount it and that it doesn't need isolating from the vibration that you're bound to get in a f/g bulkhead.

Some ignition modules need to be mounted onto a metal surface to act as a heatsink. Double sided tape, velcro, etc does not transfer heat well resulting in the possibility that the module could overheat. These modules need to be screwed onto a metal surface using some heat transfer compound between the two surfaces to enmsure good thermal conductivity.

Then again, this depends what type of module you have.

Kevin

Heat could also be thereason why it doesn't stay stuck already.........

I'll third the suggestion to make and fit an appropriate mount......