Hose kit

Leon B

Looking through the westy parts catalogue, they dont list a Hose kit for the astra 16v.

Have any of you VX 16V owners bought a kit from westfield or just made up the pipes yourself??

How do you know where all the hoses go? Trusty old haynes manual?

How easy is to get hold of suitable hoses ie with 90degree bends and did you use the aluminium piping too?

if you wanna be lazy westfield do a hose kit if you ask them. depends if running a heater or not how you plumb it

Im not gonna be running a heater so surely the hose setup must be simple??  Expansion tank to water pump to rad??

Westfield have a plumbing drawing for the VX XE, although I dont think its in the manual. Just ask and they'll fax or post one through.   Brian.

PS, search previous postings on this subject as VX engined cars without heater installation are prone to reverse flow through the expansion tank, even when piped according to WF.    Brian.

Umm so im gonna need a non return valve in my system, where do i put it??  Sounds like a i can do the hoses myself pretty easily.

I used the same hoses as in my x-flow installation, just used copper pipe and jubilee clips when I needed to change the orientation of the hose, worked for me

Russ :)  :)