'98 SEiW 1.8 Zetec

gixermark

Hi Guys,

Going to look at this tomorrow hopefully, it was built from all new parts and is on an age related plate..

full weather gear, disks all roun, motor is std on twin 40s

has only 1200 miles on it from new !! it is for sale by the guy that built it in '98 so all history, build details etc. are available

It looks in immaculate condition - dry road use only, not a mark on it etc. etc. hard to put a price on it for such a fresh but 8 year old car...

asking price is 8.9k

I don't think its that far away - maybe 7.5k would be ideal, depending on viewing etc...

any advise etc is appreciated.

its the red on ein this link

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW....photo=1

Mark.

That's an 8 grand car if ever I saw one. I agree that 8.9 is probably a little steep, but anything less than 8.5 is a bargain IMO...

The 99 2.0l Zetec at the top of the Autotrader page linked to looks to be a bargain...

yea - tend to agree..

the '99 one is the other westfield i went to see - its a narrow body that is fairly well built but not to the extent that this one is.. also the '99 is in a dealers with no history or info whatsover, drum brakes on the back.. and the silencer/piep work is just OK in my opinion..

I'm looking forward to seeing the '98 one tomorrow, was on the phone for almost an hour going through the detail... they bought every single item from westfield for the build, been garaged since day one.. and sounds to have been very well looked after..

Mark.

Looks a nice car mark, a reasonable basicish spec but looks very tidy & quite well put together & with a low mileage.

Condition is everything so check it's as well screwed together as it looks & has bills etc & that it drives straight enough.

I normally ring the factory with the chassis no before buying to confirm it hasn't been in for accident repairs & to check spec.

If I was looking at it I'd want to pay 7.5 - 8k for it personally.

HTH

Mark.

EDIT, seen THIS ONE

I think  realistically its worth  £7-£7.5k , at the £9k figure hes asking you will get a more modern higher specced car ..  there is a 05 vx redtop car on ebay for not a lot more..

imo.  :t-up:  :t-up:

bit info in F.A.Q

:bangshead:

And you guys wonder why some folk think Westfields have poor residuals. It's because people like you talk them down. You guys should think about the big picture a bit more :p

Nurse. Nasty Blatman got out again and started shooting from the lip... again...

:bangshead:

And you guys wonder why some folk think Westfields have poor residuals. It's because people like you talk them down. You guys should think about the big picture a bit more :p

Nurse. Nasty Blatman got out again and started shooting from the lip... again...

Calm down Blatters  :p  :D it's friday, go and get Blatgirl to fetch you a glass of wine.... :D

You're right it doesn't help residuals but there are better specced cars about for the same money, and a car (or owt else) is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

If it cost 13k to build & it sold for 8k, that's damn good residuals imo for an 8 year old car, you wouldn't get that much back with many other cars....

If it was on throttle bodies & had lsd, rac bar, arbs etc I'd say it was worth the asking price, as it is though it's a tad high imo....

Cheers,

mark.  ;)

THe one from David Knight (uxbridge kit cars) looks good value as well. To be honest asking what it is worth on here is not really going to help. That question should be aimed at the seller. Us saying £8K may be what you want to hear, but if he will not sell for less than £8.5K, then it is imaterial.

A quick serch finds cheaper and more expensive cars, all with different specs.

The car looks in good condition, and in what most would consider a good road going spec. If this is what you want, then it's worth every penny.

The newer narrow car with drums, do you need the space, and what is wrong with lighter rear breaks that will stop the westfield every bit as good as disks? + £1,000 easily sorts an exhaust with a lot of change.

it's friday, go and get Blatgirl to fetch you a glass of wine....

I would, but as soon as I leave here (the office) I'm heading for Birmingham, Wilmslow and then back again for some overtime...

And I agree with you that it's probably not worth it's asking price, I was more aiming at JeffC. I know he's in the trade, but he really should be on the inside p******** out for a change :0:p:D

it's friday, go and get Blatgirl to fetch you a glass of wine....

I would, but as soon as I leave here (the office) I'm heading for Birmingham, Wilmslow and then back again for some overtime...

And I agree with you that it's probably not worth it's asking price, I was more aiming at JeffC. I know he's in the trade, but he really should be on the inside p******** out for a change :0:p:D

Ohh, my sympathies mate (as he raises his glass) didn't know you were still hard at it  :D paying for more upgrades eh... :D  ;)

sorry Blatters.. just trying to be realistic  ;)   read my bit in faq  regarding values / buyer / seller  :t-up:

I see it all the time , cars up for sale month after month if priced wrong, occasionally a seller might hit on lucky and catch someone that hasnt researched..do a search on Pistonheads anything priced right sells , there is cars on there thats been there yonks , Ive sold a few westys and they have all gone withing a week ...

I believe its called market research :t-up:  :t-up:

:sheep:

thanks for the replies guys, I do appreciate that its up to what the seller is willing to let it go for - thats not really a problem for me - as far as I'm concerned its a buyers market, and I will pay what i see fit - if this one is as good as it looks and he is willing to take 7-7.5k he may well have a deal.

I don't need a car quite yet, but this one ticks the boxes that i want.. ideally i would want more power, RAC roll bar etc. etf. but its my first westie - and if i buy it right.. i will not loose too much if/when i sell for an upgrade or if i decide its not for me.

I did think that asking 8.9 k for a car that cost 13k 8 years ago was rather brave !! 500 quid a year depreciation !! having said that it seems to be a genuine fussy built car.

I do fancy the SEight that is advertsied on here too - butgiven I'm in N Ireland it would be expensive to go looking unless I was 110% sure it was the one for me... and it really over what i wanted to spend.

This is part of the fun - looking & learning anyway

Mark.  :D