Which Rolling Road / Tuners would you recommend?

tutty

You can zoom/move about the map with the controls, or you can type in the first part of your postcode to the left menu for closest. Is that what you mean? :)

Ahh I hadn't noticed the Postcode thingy...   :durr:  :blush:

However I meant a N.West/N.East/S.West etc simple list perhaps that zoomed into that region... I'm not sure how you'd do it, but I just found it a little tricky to zoom in on my area  :D  at first, and thought a one click solution to zoom in on the N.West would have been handy, although I guess the post code solution is even better!  :D  :t-up:

Hmm, a nice idea, but, at this point, I'm done on the current round of upgrades  :D

Add it to the suggestions and when I revisit the site in a few weeks I'll have a nose  :t-up:

• 10 years later...

Has anyone got any recommendations for rolling roads for 2018?

Interested to hear about any to avoid, as well as positive recommendations. I had a look at the rollingroadregister.com but it is completely out of date :-( 

The default for me is Northampton Motorsport, but it would be helpful to find some cheaper, but good alternatives.

1 hour ago, Matthew Haynes said:

Has anyone got any recommendations for rolling roads for 2018?

Interested to hear about any to avoid, as well as positive recommendations. I had a look at the rollingroadregister.com but it is completely out of date :-( 

The default for me is Northampton Motorsport, but it would be helpful to find some cheaper, but good alternatives.

The sage advice seems to be to ensure they're (extremely) familiar with mapping your particular ECU

• Like 1

EFI parts. Runcorn. Quite flexible guy that does from track and rally cars to Drag monsters. Better give him a call to ask him abou your setup and find out what he can do.

Is a super honest guy, and super nice to work with.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Runcorn is a bit far from J25 on the M1, I think Troy would be quite a bit easier to get to. Just down the M1 a bit, and Bob's your Uncle.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Just back from a soaking wet 360 mile round trip to Northampton Motorsports to get my Zetec / MBE 956 re-mapped.  Recommendations on here consider them to be the best on older MBE 956s, which are not supported by all tuners any more. 

Previous owner had replaced cams and done some head work but not had it re-mapped. I wanted to know it had the most efficient map to optimise previous work and ensure all was as efficient as it could be. 

First power run identified that the limiting factor was now injectors - they were hitting 100% duty cycle (and the ECU chopping them) before the rev limiter, so engine was only able to rev to 6,800 rather than the 7,200 limit. Luckily a tweak of fuel pressure up to 4 bar (from 2.5 bar) sorted this without the need for bigger injectors. 

3 hours on the rolling road with Troy was not cheap but he is very good and happy to explain what he's doing as he goes along - so it's a bit of a teach in as well as a re-map. Very happy with what I got done today and well worth the long drive and the money. Just need to see some sunshine now so I can use a few more revs. It poured down all the way home. IMG_4918.thumb.JPG.67e6102f889876abe608cae0ff4f2a5a.JPG  

IMG_4914.JPG

IMG_4915.JPG

• Like 3