Where do i measure the 'ride height' from?

perksy

• 14 years later...
On 06/02/2006 at 20:42, perksy said:

Where on my Westfield do i measure the ride height from   ???

Is there a Standard 'ride height'  ???

These are the settings from Westfield, with or without a roll bar, and for a SEiW

I was told by Westfield to measure from the bottom of the chassis to floor, with the tyres at 20PSI and 1 person in the drivers seat.

I found it simple to measure at front, but the back was more difficult as I have lowered floors, eventually found a place to measure the actual chassis rail down to the floor. Not so easy to try and read a tape or ruler, so I made A simple go no go gauge from a bit of wooden batten I had to hand, Front one 146mm, Rear 160mm

I hope this helps.

Car Suspension Set-Up Sheet(SEIW).doc

set up with anti roll bar.jpg

Wow, that’s a hell of a thread resurrection!

(Joking aside, it’s also in the FAQ, so fundamentally already “correct”, but new information, or tips to make things easier, are always appreciated.)

One thing worth bearing in mind, some of the settings in the linked to set up sheet, would be considered very much on the aggressive side for road use. And in addition to the ARB, uprated suspension etc, are also allowing for semi slick tyres, probably given when that was written, Toyo R888’s at the time.

7 hours ago, Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Secretary said:

Wow, that’s a hell of a thread resurrection!

14 years - I hope the OP got it sorted quicker than that 🤣

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
On 26/05/2020 at 07:14, Chris King - Webmaster said:

14 years - I hope the OP got it sorted quicker than that 🤣

There’s been a few builds mentioned on here that have taken 10 yrs. plus but due to the longevity of Westfield chassis engineering,  all the old info is true today.  
I don’t like changes 😀