what  bhp can I expect from the various engines

JeffC

I have a standard 2.0 zetec on twin 45s. What would be the approx hp on this..150ish??

On 26/02/2022 at 21:02, Tim Baxter said:

I have a standard 2.0 zetec on twin 45s. What would be the approx hp on this..150ish??

Yep....Assuming it's set up correctly and the 45's are jetted...150bhp is about right  (possibly a tad more).

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 26/02/2022 at 21:02, Tim Baxter said:

My old car, a standard 2.0 blacktop Zetec with standard Westfield exhaust manifold and twin 45's was at 165bhp on the rolling road.

It did have huge chokes and large jets (an ex sprint car) so was a pain to drive below 3,000 rpm but went like a stabbed rat above that. It will depend where in the rev range (chokes, jets etc) your carbs are optimised as to the power it produces.

• 1 month later...

2.0 litre Ford Zetec black top engine, stage 1 hybrid turbo, forged pistons, armoured con rods, ARP rod bolts, heavy duty valve springs,  lightened flywheel, heavy duty mains and big end bearings, custom built / modified Pulsar GTR inlet plenum, Jenvey 45 throttle bodies running with Omex 600 ECU setup fitted with Bosch Omex 450cc injectors 272bhp 270lb-ft 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Anybody know what the hp of the Westfield supplied sigma was? I've been given all sorts of conflicting information.

D

On the original Weber Aloha ecu, with single Ford throttle body, just a gnats over 120 bhp, as standard. With some rolling road mapping, the Weber Alpha system often made more like 124 bhp or so.

I don’t have the precise figures for the Weber Alpha ITB set up the factory offered, but more like 150 bhp roughly.

As far as I know, the later versions with Omex ecu’s and either Ford single throttle bodies or Omex ITB made similar to the previous versions,

Outside of factory supplied cars:

A “built” Sigma with ITB, cams etc could get to 160/170 ish and still be reasonable to drive on the road. Back in the day, some (a small number in Westfield world) we’re tuned more highly as track cars, which worked really well, but I guess might be starting to get rather less road friendly.

• Thanks 1

- the thing with the Sigma, for a really good road car, is to play to its strengths; extremely light weight, for a car engine, and a lovely revy nature. Don’t go mental on the tuning, but keep the overall car weight down. You might not have the ultimate power to explode out of the corners, but you will carry more speed than those bigger, heavier Westfields  through those tight corners.

• Thanks 1

It was really just curiosity - I've been told all sorts of numbers from 100 to 150.  Mine has Weber alpha with a single throttle body so 120 then which I'm perfectly happy with 🙂

D

• Like 2

1.8 Zetec Blacktop, standard Westfield stainless exhaust and manifold with catalytic converter, Gsxr 750 throttle bodies on DanSt manifold, Emerald MD3K ecu (rolling road set up by them) showed 142 bhp. No other engine mods. Engine was mondeo 115bhp version. 
Drives really well but is extremely thirsty if pushed hard. Normal driving returns 32-34 mpg. I feel it would benefit from a set of 130 bhp cams and a remap…

21 hours ago, dvd8n said:

It was really just curiosity - I've been told all sorts of numbers from 100 to 150.  

Any engine will have all sorts of numbers, depending on how much money thrown at it!

4 hours ago, GaryD1971 said:

1.8 Zetec Blacktop, standard Westfield stainless exhaust and manifold with catalytic converter, Gsxr 750 throttle bodies on DanSt manifold, Emerald MD3K ecu (rolling road set up by them) showed 142 bhp. No other engine mods. Engine was mondeo 115bhp version. 
Drives really well but is extremely thirsty if pushed hard. Normal driving returns 32-34 mpg. I feel it would benefit from a set of 130 bhp cams and a remap…

1.8 Zetec can be run anything between around 110 and 220 bhp.

For road use sweat spot (IMO with my [ex] Westfield) was mid 150s with 130 cams and jenveys, road/track 180 with kent cams +ported head maped by BLiNK but loss of a bit low down torque so keeping revs up necessary.

Any higher than 180 would have cost maga££££s and regular engine 'refresh'.

Mid to high 150's would be my target. I'd also really like to upgrade the ratios in my T9 gearbox but that's a step to far finance wise at the moment, but I firmly believe that would be the best performance upgrade I could possibly do.