what  bhp can I expect from the various engines

JeffC

Had mine RR at the weekend. Got 191bhp. engine is 2.0 VX with Webber 45's, QED 42 Cams and SBD Manifold & Exhaust running Omex 600.

Wanted a before and after comparison from when my carbs get serviced and set up next week. and I got a bit blowing from a joint on the exhaust. Think that's about average?

• 3 months later...

Sooo, I’m wondering what the following configuration is likely to produce:

2.0 Zetec Blacktop (as standard)

Westfield exhaust

Standard manifod

Suzuki GSXR600 throttle bodies

Omex 600

R

ralphy - i'd hazard a guess at about 168 mate  :yes:

That’s a rather specific ‘guess’!!

Thanks.

R

150 - 160 is my guess, optimised std 2.0 zetec is 165 ish.

• 2 months later...

711m Kent X flow, electronic ign, lightened fly wheel, twin 40 Dcoes, performance filters, Ported and tuned, stainless free flow exhaust, Kent 244 race cam = 150 ????

not unless its professionally ported and very well set up, even then i think it would need 45's to hit 150

244 cam should be able to get around 160bhp (well a Rob Morley can on twin 45's) but would require forged pistons to be able to rev higher than 6k.

244 cam should be able to get around 160bhp (well a Rob Morley can on twin 45's) but would require forged pistons to be able to rev higher than 6k.

isn't that like saying a lucas starter can get around 160bhp but would require other parts ?

power is made by a package and/ or combination of parts.

in the question above the cam is just a single part.not being picky (well i am but no offense intended)  i'm just worried the poster may get the wrong idea from your post :(

• Like 1

I have a dyno chart for my cross flow, 244 cam, accralite pistons, head work, tony law manifold, 166BHP on twin 40's 

• Like 1

Well it revs easy off the clock at 7000, and previously having V8's and zee techs on TBs, it's not far off. With the westfield sei back end on the narrow chassis, it's Handles amazingly, better than my later wide bodied sei,s, got to over 150, the previous owner says it was a hill climb championship car pre 2000, and the engine from burton..?

For 3000, and nearly half that already spent in 2 weeks bringing her back too glory, drifting her all weekend was worth an amazing smile factor, and of course the neighbours love me, ha ha

• 6 years later...

C20XE Fully built by Anderson Race Engines and dry sumped on 45 webbers  248.9bhp at the flywheel, 217.1bhp at the wheels 7435rpm , 190.3 lbft at 5909 rpm . car weights 540kg .  due a full refresh and going onto 48mm weber Alpha TBs and LINK ECU.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I had a hybrid of the mk2.5 bottom end with mk2 top end that was on GSXR throttle bodies, that delivered 167bhp which I probably should have developed further.

But I turbocharged it instead and made 260bhp. Then I thought a bigger turbo would help the top end and cleared 340bhp. Then I decided to stop being silly...

The throttle body iteration was the most fun despite being clearly the slowest. If I was starting again, I'd treat that engine to a set of cams and some headwork.