Trees are bad for the environment

neilb

What you mean Global warming isn't just caused by cars and burning fossil fuels. Its a part of nature's cycle and there is b******* all we can do about it.  :durr:

At least they finally begining to realise it.  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Rob

Does this mean i can fart again without having to apologise to everyone for accelerating global disaster  ???

I remember Jeremy Clarkson talking about this subject of methane production and he related how the most methane came from "cows" , so if you want to save the planet the answer is to "kill a cow"!!  :D

Those of you with long memories may remember that President Reagan famously said that methane was produced from trees and virtually every expert in the world laughed at him  :durr:

Methane produced from trees  :arse:  :bangshead:  

This flies against all past biological science....if this were the case global warming would not be a 20th century phenomenon.  Trees and plant life are pre-historic so why are they just starting to produce methane  ???

I suggest that we all go out and hug a tree today :blush:  trees are a necessary part of our ecosystem and are proven to benefit our enviroment in many, ways not least our health LOOK plants are good  :love: ...so I suggest we all go to our local garden centres, buy a tree and enjoy the fact that we have helped our planet and improved your home enviroment  :D

For the record I'm the sales manager for one of the UK largest growers of trees and shrubs  :blush:  :oops:  :D

Methane produced from trees  :arse:  :bangshead:  

This flies against all past biological science....if this were the case global warming would not be a 20th century phenomenon.  Trees and plant life are pre-historic so why are they just starting to produce methane  ???

I suggest that we all go out and hug a tree today :blush:  trees are a necessary part of our ecosystem and are proven to benefit our enviroment in many, ways not least our health LOOK plants are good  :love: ...so I suggest we all go to our local garden centres, buy a tree and enjoy the fact that we have helped our planet and improved your home enviroment  :D

For the record I'm the sales manager for one of the UK largest growers of trees and shrubs  :blush:  :oops:  :D

Careful... Your starting to sound dangerously close to being a gardener. All your weekends will then be dominated by green things!

:D

Careful... Your starting to sound dangerously close to being a gardener. All your weekends will then be dominated by green things!

Martin I love my garden, it's theraputic and a great place to unwind...especially on Sunday afternoons after Cambs WSCC blats...particularly when Liam and you attend  :oops:  :D

plants are good

Don't taste as good as a cow, pig or lamb  though  :D  :D  :D  :devil:  :D  :D