New Member Alert

lukeyboy

To be honest this car will be more for show than track racer

Oh, and the only photos I've seen of rolled sevens have been on public roads...

Andy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lukeyboy

• adhawkins

• Barry Ashcroft

• Boomy

I like the sound of freebies! How come when you want to buy one of the kits they never seem to do that 10% discount thing?

I'm still out on the RAC roll bar, maybe they should do a chrome version :)  On a serious note I've noticed a couple of diarys have had comment from the SVA man re: the nuts sticking out, where the struts meet the roll bar.

Can anybody tell me what the speed sport is? as the models in the WF brochure just call them 1800 / 2000 sport. Is the speed sport a higher spec?

Judging from the entry above some type of head protection is required.... mmmm! RAC roll bar or a Burberry baseball cap... tough decision :D

Judging from the entry above some type of head protection is required.... mmmm! RAC roll bar or a Burberry baseball cap... tough decision :D

Well, it's your head...

Andy

OK.... as it appears I may need my head I will invest in the RAC roll bar, but I'm scrapping the chrome pack as it will look a bit lonely just on the suspension and window :(  P.S. the Burberry baseball cap was a joke (if I had one of those i'd be in an impretza).

I may not be able to go out for a while as the total is now upto £20400+. I better look for a paper round on the side.

Please tell me that a tonneau and a boot box wont be essential straight away? Plus what about the leather upgrade seats. I had planned not to do too much with the interior as I know a guy in Leeds that does very good leather work. I was considering saving up and giving him some cash to totally blitz the interior (I wondered if the standard seats could be recovered). WF should do a proper options catalogue ???

Plus what about the leather upgrade seats. I had planned not to do too much with the interior as I know a guy in Leeds that does very good leather work. I was considering saving up and giving him some cash to totally blitz the interior (I wondered if the standard seats could be recovered).

You're talking to the wrong man about a snazzy interior :)

IMG_1751.sized.jpg

Andy

I would not bother with leather get it wet ( and you will ) and it will be ruined the quality of the seats is very good the material used looks like leather and every body thinks my seats are leather they are suprised when I say its vinyl.

Search for Paul Ash he has a RAC roll bar on his car which he had chromed I think the factory will do one for you if you ask, Ok it will be no good (illegal) for racing but better than a normal one and fine for trackdays sprints and hill climbs.

DSCF0075.jpg

DSCF0072.jpg

Mmmm! looks a bit bare in that cockpit :D (the racing one)

I take it you are going for the lighter is better look?

Who in the club has the best looking interior? I've seen a few different pictures but nothing that really stands out. Any pic showing off would be appreciated :)

Nice interior"! tell me, is that the countoured dash?

Mmmm! looks a bit bare in that cockpit :D

I take it you are going for the lighter is better look?

My car is primarily a track car. Doesn't stop me using it on the road though. 'Functional' is how I would describe it :)

Andy

A few people have had RAC bars chromed, so it can be done.

There are risks associated with the standard roll bar, but then frankly there with a seven type car full stop, (without a full cage anyway). The accident I was involved in last year would have killed me in the WF, but that's life. An RAC bar is a wise option, but I do feel it's one that gets rather offputtingly rammed down peoples throats at times. It's your car, if you really want a standard chromed bar and are aware of the pros and cons, then fit one.

A standard type bar is easier to get through SVA, thats how my car went through; an RAC type will need nut covers on the exposed top fittings, & IIRC will also need some rubber edging strip fitting on the top brackets as well.

A standard type bar is easier to get through SVA, thats how my car went through; an RAC type will need nut covers on the exposed top fittings, & IIRC will also need some rubber edging strip fitting on the top brackets as well.

Can anyone confirm that you can go through SVA with no roll bar at all, and then fit the RAC bar later? ???

Andy

Yes that is the contoured dash with the clock panel for 4 gauges instead of 3 and my modification to fit the starter button.

My last car which was awarded "Best interior I ever seen" on Tiggers westfield world web site the new one is obviously the same but improved.

Interior.jpg

Interior_Side.jpg

The interior in Nigel Deans car was very nice can't find any pics at the moment.

Roll bars aren't actually a legal requirement, so I wouldn't have thought you'd need one for SVA.

Mind you, so used to seeing Westfields with them on, they do look sort of odd without anything.  :0

Mind you, so used to seeing Westfields with them on, they do look sort of odd without anything.  :0

Yep, agreed. I wasn't suggesting using the car without a roll bar, just to get through the SVA.

Andy

Yes, I've seen that nice red interior when I've been surfing the web previously. Where did you get the nice chrome plates around gear and brake lever?

I have also planned to install a nice red starter button (honda S2000 button is ideal).

One item I'm not keen on is the WF steering wheels, it's a bit funny. It doen't seem to fit in with the sporty feel of the car :(

The trim rings came from Europa

My button is Honda S2000 you can find them on E-Bay

The car went through SVA with a 3 clock panel I then changed to the 4 clock and did away with the rear fog light switch to make way for the starter button

Personally I like the factory wheel wish I could make it removable perhaps a project for the future.

Barry