• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lukeyboy

• adhawkins

• Barry Ashcroft

• Boomy

If you have a look in the archives you'll probably find a picture of a Westy that Rolled with a standard Rollbar  :down:

(have a copies of it on my pc)

It just flattened, the rollbar went one way, and the screen the other  :down:

The standard Rollbar is ok for pushing the car back into the Garage....

Each to His own, but you've only got one head....

I'm ugly enough, i don't want to make it any worse  :0  :D

I was just wondering how people turn over some of the best handling cars on the planet though.

Enter a corner Too fast carrying Too much speed, Loose it, Clip the curb, and it can flip  ???

Don't want to be the one to test the theory really mate....

Standard rollbar isn't as High as an RAC one either.

Our AO Wrote off His Westy a while back on a country road, ended-up upside down in a 'trench' at the side of the road.

If He hadn't of had a Braced Rollbar, i might not of been having a beer with him last week  :down:

Just my 2 pence worth mate  :t-up:

I suppose the easiest way to flip a westie is if you were in a slide and whacked the kerb or something similar. The look of the pictures sure were scary and got me thinking but I like the low sleek look of the chrome roll bar but saying that when I build another I will fit a lower floor to sit lower and fit a rac roll bar but will probably modify it to sit lower and deffinatly get it chromed cause I love the bling  :p

Barry

One easy way to roll a Westy (or any other car for that matter) on a track is if go come off onto  damp grass. If the ground is soft and the steering wheel isn't point straight ahead, it's very easy for one of the front wheels to dig in, and then it is likely you will flip.

(must type quicker!;)

Thanks for the advise. I'm still torn between cosmetics and safety. I still see a lot of photos with the chrome bar on!

I've decided to pay the memebership and join up as a full fledged club member, seeing as you lads are so helpful :)

Got my insurance got back... bit more than some of you lot are paying. The response from msm insurance is below...

"From the details that you supplied to us, and subject to a satisfactory proposal form, our quotation for comprehensive cover is £411.30 per annum including UK & European breakdown cover (without breakdown cover is £375.30).  This is based on you being able to show evidence of 5 or more years claim free driving.  These quotes do not include a discount for a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm or tracker system.  We would need a copy of the installation certificate for the premiums to decrease, and until you can confirm that you have this it has not been included."

What do you think?

Trust me it's all about the chrome, get all the chrome you want on the vehicle, headlamps, wishbones, grille etc :t-up: but top it off with an RAC rollbar  :)

p.s. that's what I did   :t-up:

What do you think?

I try not to if I can  :D  :D  :D  :D  :devil: .......... however some insurance companies offer discount to registered WSCC members  ;)  ;) which might help  :D  ;)

Cough

For insurance I rang everywhere the best by far was Footman James when you join the club you get further discount. NCD does not apply to there policies as they are cheep enough already.

Luke I also rang msm and the quote from footman james was £200 cheaper plus further discount for being a club member.

The discount allown has paid for my years membership  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

Barry