18 X 1.5 Tap

adamnreeves

I need a 18 X 1.5MM tap to clean out the threads in the front upper wishbone prior to installing top ball joints. I only need the tap but can only see complete kits retailing over £90! The cheaper kits  for around £40 stop at M12.

I used a modified spark plug thread restorer from Machine Mart (£5) its the same thread ( had to machine part of the body down for the tap to go deep enough into the thread). If you cant find a tap send me an e-mail and i'll post it to you.

have you got that much powdercoat in the threads...???   mine had only a little, one thread in.  wound in and out twice, and they where clear........

steve

Just absolutely brilliant this club - loaning out these things. And I got a telling off for urging someone to join :(

A colleague at work had a tap I could borrow; my wishbones were chromed and there was a fair bit of slag down the threads.

Kerry

Adam, I am just up the road from you in Oxford, and have a tap....

I am in India the rest of the week, but if you want to pick it up, it can be arranged.

Tim

Adam, I am just up the road from you in Oxford, and have a tap....

I am in India the rest of the week, but if you want to pick it up, it can be arranged.

Tim

Sent a PM