Le Mans 2006

Muttleys V8

Steve,

Myself and Roger + 1 other who has booked campsite direct will be booking ferry over weekend.

We should be able to do the Monday to Tuesday ferry.

Has a route been thought of yet, not through the centre of Paris again I hope :(  :(  Hell that was hot.

Keep me away from the eat as much as you like buffet on the ferry, must have added 100kgs to car last year.

Mick

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buzz Billsberry

• Muttleys V8

• Charlie - Yorksboys.

• Blatman

All I know is that Mike and Marcus have done both the Hull route and the Poole route - they're going the Poole route again!

Yep i have done both and to be honest both have plus and minus points.

I am not that bothered it a journey that has to be done to get where were going.

Both have good roads, maybe poole route a little better but you get more of a Buzz messing with fast cars on the hull route.

JUST GET TO LE-MANS THATS WHERE THE FUN REALLY STARTS.

But seriously, the quickest way for me from South Wales will be via the ferry from Pompey-Caen (or maybe St Malo).  Mind you, the roads to Poole and Weymouth are more interesting :cool:!

Anybody else considering either of these routes?  Bear in mind that mine is newly built, and the engine won't be run in by then so I won't be wanting to go fast  ;)  ;)  :devil:  :devil:

This Section is for the Yorkshire/Lancashire area or anybody near by who'd rather go Hull-Zebrugge. Rather than the usual routes. We find it works best for us doing this route. Enjoyable overnite ferry, entertainment a nice drive down thro' Belgium into france and when its over a nice steady race back up to Zebrugge!!

The Main reason is who wants to spend 7 hours travelling from the south coast back upto yorkshire/Lancashire on the ****test roads in Europe when we can spend 8hrs on great roads, beautiful countryside, finish off with an overnite ferry with a night club,bed breakfast and only a 40 min drive in the morning!!

Buzz

I'll just get back in my box, then, shall I?

Nothing in the discussion made that obvious until you trod on my head!

**cough, splutter**

what you trying to do Nana`s,

makes it sound like I was some sort of quest  :suspect:  :suspect:

Most them girlies did was take me money ???

for beer that is  :D  :D

But seriously, the quickest way for me from South Wales will be via the ferry from Pompey-Caen (or maybe St Malo).  Mind you, the roads to Poole and Weymouth are more interesting :cool:!

Anybody else considering either of these routes?  Bear in mind that mine is newly built, and the engine won't be run in by then so I won't be wanting to go fast  ;)  ;)  :devil:  :devil:

This Section is for the Yorkshire/Lancashire area or anybody near by who'd rather go Hull-Zebrugge. Rather than the usual routes. We find it works best for us doing this route. Enjoyable overnite ferry, entertainment a nice drive down thro' Belgium into france and when its over a nice steady race back up to Zebrugge!!

The Main reason is who wants to spend 7 hours travelling from the south coast back upto yorkshire/Lancashire on the ****test roads in Europe when we can spend 8hrs on great roads, beautiful countryside, finish off with an overnite ferry with a night club,bed breakfast and only a 40 min drive in the morning!!

Buzz

Sorry mate I've just re-read it and you're right!! it wasn't ment to be like that I don't think  :p

Buzz

**cough, splutter**

what you trying to do Nana`s,

makes it sound like I was some sort of quest  :suspect:  :suspect:

Most them girlies did was take me money ???

for beer that is  :D  :D

Zeberdy how ya doin? Those girls where great in particular Bernice in the red top pic 1/black top pic2 with the black curly hair!! They thought u you were funny cos' u couldn't sit on your stool properly without sliding off it. Not a difficult task for you normally but you were rather alcoholically challanged most nites!!!

Buzz  :D  :D

Ahhh, twas a good doo

don`t remember that much of the late evenin stuff, all abit hazey :D:D

Bill`s rally stories and you gaffa taping a torch to your head spring to mind .

:p  :p  

Shame doesn`t look like will make it this year, that ferry journey will be a cracker

:t-up:  :t-up:

Buzz

Sorry mate I've just re-read it and you're right!! it wasn't ment to be like that I don't think  :p

Buzz

Apology accepted.

I probably overreacted, time of the month and all that

Trouble is with the typed word sometimes ambiguity creeps in well always really!!

Buzz :D

74th Le Mans 24hr race starts --: 197 days, 3 hours, 21 minutes

Still no spare places at the moment.

Chinese meal is booked for 33 people

French Chinese guy on the end of the phone.

"You wont thirte threee people fa meal"

Response.

"Yes please, the name is Westfield"

French Chinese Guy

"You same lot from last year"!!!!!!

We must have made a slight impression.........

Steve

Watched all the video footage last night that I have from Le Mans last year, - God that was a fantastic week!"!! :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :)  :)  :)

Can't wait till June!!!  :D