Le Mans 2006

Muttleys V8

Le Mans 2006 has just been confirmed on the ACO website as being the 17-18th June 2006.

Lets get the ferries booked................

Steve

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buzz Billsberry

• Muttleys V8

• Charlie - Yorksboys.

• Blatman

Sad to say I've never been and don't know where to start...

I suspect that most of you travel independently - but is there a recommended agent that the numpties like me could use?

Cheers

Mike

Le Mans 2006 has just been confirmed on the ACO website as being the 17-18th June 2006.

Lets get the ferries booked................

Steve

I'm looking forward to already.

Kirk  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

As a Le Mans virgin what are the ball park £ figures for doing it. Is team Langoustine the best way, who are the alternatives, best camp site etc, etc????

Really want to go next year. Advice from the Le Mans veterans would be appreciated.

Ta

Cam

As a Le Mans virgin what are the ball park £ figures for doing it. Is team Langoustine the best way, who are the alternatives, best camp site etc, etc????

Really want to go next year. Advice from the Le Mans veterans would be appreciated.

Ta

Cam

Cam

There are various ways to do the trip. Generally, if you want to cross at Dover/Folkestone then this is cheaper than Portsmouth etc, but there is more driving to do.

You can organise the trip through an agent like Page & Moy where they will sort your ferry, admission ticket, camp permit @ approx £210 for 5 nights crossing at Dover. Agents like Motor Racing International will give you a package from a nearer port for around £350 per head.

The other and often cheaper way to get to the event is to sort everything seperately yourself, i.e. obtain camp permit and gen admission ticket direct from ACO and book the crossing direct. If you are going in a largish group though then this can mean that you are not gauranteed to all get the same campsite unless you book through the ACO early and as a block booking.

Gites and hotels are the more civilised way to experience the race but camping is better... much better.

This is assuming you are going in the car of course... there are many other alternatives available like flying direct into Le Mans airport for example.

I'll be there again next year on a company all expenses paid trip... which is nice. We (8 of us) are going down in 2 Espaces and will be camping for 4 nights on Houx Annexe, courtesy of Page & Moy

Ta

Cam

Depends on

Where you live?

How long you going for?

How much you drink?

For everything inc spends, about £500 -£700 tops

Ta

Cam

Depends on

Where you live?

How long you going for?

How much you drink?

Double that if you come with me....... :p  :D

As a Le Mans virgin what are the ball park £ figures for doing it. Is team Langoustine the best way, who are the alternatives, best camp site etc, etc?<!--emo&???

Ta

Cam

Depends on

Where you live?

How long you going for?

How much you drink?

That'll be the Big Macs :D

Just got the Brittany Ferries fast cat crossing price off tinternet - same crossing as Mancs crew last year (Poole to Cherbourg) inc Club Lounge for 2 adults in one car £358, almost as much for one adult in a car!

That's outbound 12th June inbound 20th June - think that's the right dates.

Mcr Mikes had something by email from them sying save 10% pluss a tenner by booking before end of December but couldn't find that offer on website.

i/we have done it by driving down over night Friday night after work, watching the race (no sleep) and driving back Sunday night, couple of hours kip before going to work Monday.

The benefits is that it was cheep, with no days off work the only the cost to worry about is the diesel, the channel tunnel, general entrance fee and half a baguette. The down side is that it was difficult to do much work on the Monday!.... but its well worth it even if you can only do the cheap option.

:)

As a Le Mans virgin what are the ball park £ figures for doing it. Is team Langoustine the best way, who are the alternatives, best camp site etc, etc?<!--emo&???

Ta

Cam

Depends on

Where you live?

How long you going for?

How much you drink?

:D  :D  :D  :D

Scoob! Are we going to cause more mayhem next year?

Steve