Choice of Wheels?

sandhurst

Hi Simon,

I need the keys back by Thursday and will have to prepare the required quantity of notes for your collection. Please let me know if you want B Flat's, F Sharp's or what - I assume used are preferred. [Remember dear old Eric Morcambe's comment to Andre Preview: "I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order!]

Yes, I quite like the registration and it's slightly less sad than choosing my initials. I was going for V8 RIP until I realised that "I"'s are out!

Also, Hi to Kerry,

Your right about the hood which I expect to store somewhere in my garage for posterity. In use, I wonder if the rapid forward movement blows it into shape?

Dave

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sandhurst

• KerryS

• Martin Keene

• Blatman

Nice looking car Sandhurst, don't suppose you know what wheels are fitted do you. I know from this post their 15" but what make/model coz they look flipping nice :D

Tigger

Hi Tigger,

I don't know what the wheels are as they were chosen from a number of piccys sent by e-mail by Westfield.

I was told that they were significantly lighter than the 5-spoke ones I preferred the look of and I was swung by the forum comments. The thing I did not like from the piccys was the 8 fixing holes [multi-fit] which leave 4 holes unused - maybe it looks OK in real life! [spin them fast enough and it won't show]

I'll try and find out the details for you when I pick up the car TOMORROW :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

5884.jpeg

Dave

Oh yeah I see what you mean now, they still look great tho so if you could find out, I'm sure there are a few others on this forum would like to know too ???

Cheers

Tigger

don't suppose you know what wheels are fitted do you. I know from this post their 15" but what make/model coz they look flipping nice :D

tigger,

they are team dynamics, not sure of the full name, when i was at the factory on monday, they had a yellow westy in the front office/showroom with a set on in black, i did ask the question as they looked rather dishy!!!

Cheers Simon,

They are rather tasty ain't they!

Anybody know what sort of weight these things run at as opposed to Superleggeras (did I spell that right?)

Tigger

Yes Kerry, thanks for enquiring - I got home alright BUT I have only been to do boring Xmas food shopping at Tesco's :bangshead:

I leave home at 0530 hours tomorrow [Thurday 15th December] to collect my "yellow peril". Yipee :love:

Dave

Hope all goes well tomorrow, bet you stop more times on the return journey though!! :D . Where in Hampshire are you based, I may see you around if i'm feeling brave enough to take mine out of the garage.

Ted

:D:D

Hi Ted,

Looking at your profile, it seems as if we are at opposite ends of the county as I live in the quiet [up to now!] village of Sherfield-on-Loddon [twixt Reading and Basingstoke].

Still a good chance that our paths might cross especially when the summer sun returns.

Dave

village of Sherfield-on-Loddon

Blimey. BBC Weather Forecast for that location tomorrow indicates localised snow flurries, with heavy hailstone showers and strong winds.   :p   :devil:    :p

I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain............

Being high on "Westie thoughts" I am not bothered by gloomy forcasts - besides, the B.B.C. have a bit of a reputation for getting the weather wrong! Accordingly, my shorts, sun glasses and suncream are ready for instant deployment - that's if they will fit in the capacious boot box.

Dave

:t-up:   :xmas:

Take it Easy on the Damp roads Dave.

was out in mine the weekend and it was  :0  in places...

still had chance to annoy the max power Nova boys though  :devil:  :D

Dave,

Enjoy! It doesn't seem like 2 weeks since you ordered.

Don't know which way you'll be driving but if you head past Russell's Hall Hospital (up the road from Westfield) then careful as there was a large amount of slippy mud on the road this evening.

Shame I'm at work tomorrow, I need to go to the factory to sort out a damaged boot box  - would have been good to meet.

Have an excellent time!

Paul