Choice of Wheels?

sandhurst

I feel that as a true diplomat I had better mention that I run on 14" wheels  :oops:

They are a nice compromise but you can be a bit limited on tyre size.  That said Yoko A048's are available as 185 & 195 widths in 14" option.

Grabs coat and slips off into the shadows  :p

Me too. I was considering changing to 13" wheels, but I plan to enter some speed series events in group B, and 14" is the smallest Toyo do the T1S/R.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sandhurst

• KerryS

• Martin Keene

• Blatman

Will certainly try and post pictures IDC - once I get a grip of the technology [managed it on my medal collecting forum!].

Follow the link in my sig.

:t-up:

Andy

Just about to try posting a scan [taken during the birth of my Westie]: :D

SOME TIME LATER [and thanks to Andy]:

A bit of a shock to get this far! However, I wonder if the picture should be hidden ready to be opened up by a "click" - or is a proper website needed to achieve this?

5845.jpeg

Note the lights picking out pedestrians [on LHS] and oncoming cars [on RHS]!

Looks great and very shiny.  :D I guess it won't be long now?

Interesting place for the air filter - big hole in the bonnet?? :durr:  :durr:

Looks lovely - aprt from the colour of course :D  :D

..........coat...taxi etc etc

When's pick up day? Take thickest coat you have, gloves, wooly hat, scarf...and ....ENJOY!!!

Kerry

"big hole in the bonnet" - don't tell me there is an "extra" I have forgotten to order?

AND WHAT'S WRONG WITH YELLOW? [except when allied to "belly"; "streak" and similar].

You are spookily correct when asking about PICK-UP day for I have to confess that I will be journeying to [for me] foreign parts with a large box van. V8 OAP will be whisked down to Hampshire without a wheel turning. I realise that I may be a "girlie" in some eyes but I am not prepared to do 250 miles in fog [say] with the roads infested with heavy footed [and apparently with all seeing eyes] reps.- apologies to any who are Westie owners!] I have only just got my protected no-claims bonus restored and wish to keep it intact for a while. If I am going to have a prang it will be in my own time and through my fault.

The appointed hour is 0900 on Thursday, 15th December :D  :D  :D

Dave [Morris]

Any ideas what to call her [my NG was "Doris Morris" but that does not sit comfortably on a 2L Duratec]?

"That bl**** car" sems to be a common nomenclature for Westfields... :0

Brillant :D

Kerry

I remember going to get mine like it was yesterday, mate of mine gave me a lift in his Westfield the 200 odd miles and we gently chased each other home!  The factory did raise their eyebrows when I asked for it to be booked in for its 1st service the following Monday, they could only book it in for the Tue (9days after pickup) and when I took it to them it had 1100 miles on it!  I picked it up with 37 miles on it and with over 23000 miles on it now I can account for 22960 of those to me!!!  And about 11000 of those have been without the windscreen - all you need are a good set of leathers!  Although the heater does help!!!

Enjoy, and while it looks lovely shiny it doesn't stay that way and you'll only improve your knowledge of the car by getting it dirty!!

As for the wheels, I agree with the 13in arguement and have fitted the AP brake upgrade to my Sport 2000, Zetec 1997'R' so that maybe one day I can fit some 13ins.  Best upgrade I've done has to be taking off the Toyos it came with and fitting AO32Rs.  Also now got a quick rack and that transforms the flickyness!!

Oh yes, my recent medal winning 6 months paid for the brake upgrade and a carbon fibre race seat (haven't fitted the seat yet!!!  And since having the photo taken below I now have a much higher RAC spec roll bar!!!!

All the best, maybe see you in an inter-services match sometime.

Chris

Westiesmall.jpg

I was down at the factory yesturday picking up my new starter kit. I thought I would make a few quid while I was there, by stealing the keys out of this car, and holding them for ransom!

I will exchange them for a huge bag, full of used notes!

5883.jpeg

it looks really nice dave,......love the engine, and the number plate!!!!