Choice of Wheels?

sandhurst

But...

For the possible benefit of Sandhurst (and indeed others that might read this building 'new' cars), the choice of wheel size may be restricted somewhat. There has been some reports of 13 inch wheels being a little to close for comfort (i.e. fouling) with regard to the rear calipers, if using the aluminium type... ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sandhurst

• KerryS

• Martin Keene

• Blatman

Having seemingly ignored Blatman's previous advice on the choice of ECU, I have to say that I am in agreement with his suggestion [along with others] to stick with the 15" wheels [as supplied by Westfield on the SEiGHT, Sport 2000, Sport 1800 and 1800i factory built models]. :)

Dave

Make no mistake, I champion the 13" wheel cause BUT as I have said, for the intended use (all road) 15's are probably best in this case. Indeed, my road car (<<< that one) runs 15x7's. The sprint car (where the benefits of 13's are more readilly felt) does indeed run 13's...

Thanks Blatman for further reinforcment of the "15's for me".

The die is now cast and I will not be presenting Westfield with any alterations to the spec agreed.

ALL I HAVE TO DO NOW IS WAIT IMPATIENTLY FOR THE "IT'S READY" CALL IN LATE DECEMBER  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Dave

lighter wheels are best .

having said that fit what you like .can always upgrade later. :D

As requested by Martin, the final spec is:

SEiW 2000 Sport [Duratec engine] [factory built].

15" wheels.

Chrome package [polished screen, chrome suspension & lamps].

Carbon effect kit [front cycle wings; rear stone guards and rear light clusters].

Contoured dash.

White instrument dials.

RAC Roll bar.

Quick release boss & Alpha Wheel.

Immobiliser.

Half tonneau.

Directional switch indicator.

4 Pot Caliper/Disc upgrade.

3.62:1 LSD.

Twin air horns.

Chrome yellow with black carbon effect cycle wings and black carbon effect rear stoneguards. Yellow panel behind instruments/switches recess. Black seats with yellow piping. Black carpet and interior panels.

Despite the not inconsiderable increase in price, I know that this is going to be a great improvement on the Tiger Super 6 that I bought three years ago.

NURSE says that I am to remain content with my choice and that I should not be bombarded with suggestions as to items that need changing!:D

Thanks again to all who posted suggestions and advice.

Dave

As requested by Martin, the final spec is:

SEiW 2000 Sport [Duratec engine] [factory built].

15" wheels.

Chrome package [polished screen, chrome suspension & lamps].

Carbon effect kit [front cycle wings; rear stone guards and rear light clusters].

Contoured dash.

White instrument dials.

RAC Roll bar.

Quick release boss & Alpha Wheel.

Immobiliser.

Half tonneau.

Directional switch indicator.

4 Pot Caliper/Disc upgrade.

Twin air horns.

Chrome yellow with black carbon effect cycle wings and black carbon effect rear stoneguards. Yellow panel behind instruments/switches recess. Black seats with yellow piping. Black carpet and interior panels.

Despite the not inconsiderable increase in price, I know that this is going to be a great improvement on the Tiger Super 6 that I bought three years ago.

NURSE says that I am to remain content with my choice and that I should not be bombarded with suggestions as to items that need changing!:D

Thanks again to all who posted suggestions and advice.

Dave

Niiiiiice...

I feel that as a true diplomat I had better mention that I run on 14" wheels  :oops:

They are a nice compromise but you can be a bit limited on tyre size.  That said Yoko A048's are available as 185 & 195 widths in 14" option.

Grabs coat and slips off into the shadows  :p

• 1 month later...

Will certainly try and post pictures IDC - once I get a grip of the technology [managed it on my medal collecting forum!].

Westfield [realising I could not "pop round" during the build] have kindly sent me 10 pictures taken "as work proceeds"] :D

Dave