• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sandhurst

• adhawkins

• perksy

• slippy

I have just ordered my kit and I ordered it in yellow. It will be the first yellow car that I have owned, well first car in any bright colour, apart from white. I have been thinking very carefully about the overall colour scheme. I have decided to go for yellow and black. So interior will have black leather but I will use yellow piping. I am going to do for yellow dials, such as the ETB instruments ones. All the usual chrome bits will be black,i.e. rollbar and wishbones, etc. I am even going for gloss black or black chrome alloys! I will however spray the brake calipers yellow of course. I might go for split rims with the rim being chrome but main part of wheel being black.

My favourite colour combination however is dark blue paintwork with light tan leather interior but I think this is not the right car for that, maybe an AC cobra! I do think that black paintwork works well on the Westfield of chrome. But I did not want the extra expense of chrome and black being hard work to keep clean! Hope my thoughts have been useful.

- Adam

:D

As indicated previously, I really am very grateful for all those who have taken the trouble to post comments & opinions on this thread. I have spent considerable time reading these postings and playing on the Westfield Colour Changer link kindly provided by Tigger.

Now with only 3 or 4 days to go before committing myself to the colour of my "factory built Sport 1800", I seem to be more confused than ever - I have managed to eliminate 7 colours from the Westfield Body Colour Options Chart but this leaves 6 [4 more than when I could not decide between Chrome Yellow or British Racing Green!].

Still, a choice from the remaining 6 could be painless and quick just by allocating numbers 1-6 to the colours and then "rolling a dice".

Having done that, there is still the option of choosing different colours for different parts of the bodywork together with combinations of trim colour. PASS ME A BOX FULL OF DICE & IBUPROFEN PILLS!

If I don't decide soon my brain will default to my original choice [contestants on Who Wants to be a Millionaire usually end up with the first answer that comes into their mind - but then they often get it wrong] which is Chrome Yellow with Black arches [+ Carbon Effect stone protectors and front guards] and the interior Black. Whatever happens I'll post my final selection on this forum before the men in white coats arrive.

Dave

Chrome Yellow with Black arches [+ Carbon Effect stone protectors and front guards] and the interior Black

Good choice sir!!  Here is one I prepared earlier  

:D   :D

image044optimiseduse.jpg

Thanks for that, Perksy - I don't need help in getting confused!

Seriously, I had assumed that you got a standard seat within a factory build and that was that [unless of course one wants to give Westfield "even more cash"].

The "width fit" is an important factor and was a key reason in getting rid of my Tiger [sorry for the bad language]. I was certainly held snugly but came out like a pip from a squeezed cherry - trouble is one can reduce one's waist from front to back [by cutting down on many of the good things in the comestible line] but side to side is a bit limited by one's personal sub-frame. The seats fitted in Westfield's demo 1800i seemed fine and I assume they are the standard type.

Thanks for pointing out this important point.

Dave

Standard Seats in mine and find their Comfortable on Long journeys, So you should be ok with those  ;)

(Westfield do a Nice Race seat, Just wondered if you'd seen it  ??? )

Also will you be having Harnesses or Inertia Reel seatbelts  ???

Sorry for the Questions, Don't want you to have to spend more money in the Future, Apart from Performance Up-Grades  :devil:  :D

Thanks perksy, good to hear that Standard Seats will be OK. I have no real wish to look at "Nice Race Seats" as my £10K budget is now standing at just under £17K :oops:

Had not thought of 4 point harnesses but note Andy's recommendation. Must admit to not having even tried one on [4 point, that is] so maybe I will do so when I next go up to Kingswinford [only another £95 but less 10% :D ]. I presume these belts can be fitted with any seat?

In reply to your final point, perksy: At 67 years young, I am not considering future upgrades - even if I don't replace my slippers for three years and save up my miserable pension so that I can afford it "asking for a blown Cosworth or 4.1 V8 conversion might cause a few raised eyebrows"! Still, always useful for taking the local oldies on a quick spin [sorry, must not use that word] to the hospital, eye clinic or pub :p

Dave

Had not thought of 4 point harnesses but note Andy's recommendation. Must admit to not having even tried one on [4 point, that is] so maybe I will do so when I next go up to Kingswinford [only another £95 but less 10% :D ]. I presume these belts can be fitted with any seat?

Pretty much, yes. I had 4 points with my old road car, that was standard Westfield sports seats.

If they do them, go for the ones with aircraft buckle style release. Not sure what the situation regarding SVA is with them though (do factory cars go through SVA? ???). They make getting in and out of the car a lot easier (IMO).

Andy

Well, with two days to go, I have narrowed down the choice to Chrome Yellow [with Black Interior] OR Bright Blue [with Navy Blue Interior & seats Blue with Biscuit Relief] - sounds a bit predictable but time is running out and my wife is slowly going mad. I am leaning towards the Yellow & Black combination - never did like to stand out in the crowd!

Thanks for all the advice given.

Dave