Yellow or what?

sandhurst

I need to place my factory built order for an 1800 Sport within the week [to qualify for the Autumn 10% discount] and, although I love British Racing Green I am inclined to choose the seemingly popular Chrome Yellow. Am I right in thinking that it's a much safer colour as one can be "seen coming".

Any thoughts as to the trim colour that would blend nicely with the aforsaid Chrome Yellow bearing in mind I am slightly colour blind - so that's why I go across Red Lights!

Thanks,

Dave

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sandhurst

• adhawkins

• perksy

• slippy

Yellow car will help, but I still had plenty of muppets wandering over into my lane because they 'didn't see me'...

I never thought of myself as a 'yellow' car person before, but I did love that car :love:

They're a bit common though, so I dunno what colour I'd choose personally...

Andy

Anything but lime green. It's crap...

Yellow is great until summer, when it attracts more flies than a landfill site. Who's got them pics of the yellow car at Curborough from this year? Was it Buzz's car? It was covered in flies, and it was generally considered to be a pretty good year (as in, not as many as usual), fly population wise...

Light colloured cars have got to give you more of a chance with the muppets but won't gaurentee it to be saffer.  It just depends on luck.

What about a nice ivory :D

I need to place my factory built order for an 1800 Sport within the week [to qualify for the Autumn 10% discount] and, although I love British Racing Green I am inclined to choose the seemingly popular Chrome Yellow. Am I right in thinking that it's a much safer colour as one can be "seen coming".

Any thoughts as to the trim colour that would blend nicely with the aforsaid Chrome Yellow bearing in mind I am slightly colour blind - so that's why I go across Red Lights!

Thanks,

Dave

Yellow is the best colour  :t-up:  :t-up: .

I may be biased though.

I think it does help as they are more visible, but as Andy said there's still plenty of people who still won't see it.

Kirk  :t-up:

Got a Yellow one But Muppets Still pull out in front of me at junctions  :0  :arse:

What about an Orange one  ???

and Like the Black Aswell  ;)

Better Still what about an Orange AND Black one  ???  :love:

Chrome yellow on mine and it does show up but...

I seem to remember seeing a chart in the back of a Mercedes brochure that showed the reflected lumens values for various paint colours and the best colour was the hearing aid beige that all the German taxis use. Some people insist that it's really called Ivory... :down:

Westfield Racing green is a good colour (darker than brg).

Whatever colour you go for I'd drive with lights on anyway as it makes you much more visible

Chrome yellow on mine and it does show up but...

I seem to remember seeing a chart in the back of a Mercedes brochure that showed the reflected lumens values for various paint colours and the best colour was the hearing aid beige that all the German taxis use. Some people insist that it's really called Ivory... :down:

:D  :D  :D  :D

German engineering where you need it most on a car  :devil:

And its is ivory  :p