RAC Roll bar

mb893

Just ordered one from the Factory.... Has anyone used cotter pins and 'R' clips instead of bolts for the top and bottom brackets of the removable stays and if so where did you get them?

Struck me as a bit less risk of damaging the fuel tank with pins than if you're bashing away with a spanner...

Regards

John

The MegaBLADE Site

I've used bolts - quite frankly I wouldn't want to chance anything coming out or falling off in the event of an accident.

As long as you're careful you won't damage the tank.  If necessary, trim the end of the bolt down do it's flush with the nut.

I've used the original factory supplied bolts, but drilled to accept r clips. No problem so far, but I haven't had to test 'em..................

Keith Scarfe
Has anyone used cotter pins and 'R' clips instead of bolts for the top and bottom brackets of the removable stays

It would be better to bolt it. Safer and also bolting it solid (or even welding it as some do) will help to increase the stiffness of the chassis.