Gear Shift Light Connection Setup

westy

Quick shift-light related question (sorry for the on-topic post ;) -

How easy is it to take the lights out of the box and relocate them? I'm after a sequential shift light system that I can double up the LEDs and change the placement (ie. not in the box) of the lights. Is it a simple task on the Webcon unit?

Cheers,

Graeme.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• westy

• gee_fin

• peterg

• Mrs Westy

Top Posters In This Topic

Oi 'scuse me Westy, aren't you supposed to defend my honour by fighting a duel with such ruffians, not by allotting (is that a word?) who gets first pickings.

I can see the old car/woman argument in the distance but getting closer :0

Westy :cool:

See its for our/your own good that you dont come to this Man's forum :D

Now let the Nice Mr Gee_fin get his response on the lights question :p

Blatman you're not to tell *anyone* what I looked like having been dragged out of bed at 7.30 on a Sunday morning without having done my hair, put any make up on, and suffering from conjunctivitis  

Your secret is safe with me =:-o  :blush:  :devil:

Thank you for clarifying that, Westy.  Now I have had a man explain it to me, I suddenly understand why it is inappropriate for someone who only thinks on such things as lampshades and cute fluffy kittens and bunnies to be a part of this forum.  

Please accept my sincere apologies for interrupting your topic with such foolish and frivolous girl talk.

I shall return to the housework forthwith, and you may rest assured that your dinner will be waiting when you arrive home.

Your most humble servant,

Mrs Westy

PS    :arse:

Thank you for clarifying that, Westy.  Now I have had a man explain it to me, I suddenly understand why it is inappropriate for someone who only thinks on such things as lampshades and cute fluffy kittens and bunnies to be a part of this forum.  

Please accept my sincere apologies for interrupting your topic with such foolish and frivolous girl talk.

I shall return to the housework forthwith, and you may rest assured that your dinner will be waiting when you arrive home.

Your most humble servant,

Mrs Westy

Your welcome lady

How easy is it to take the lights out of the box and relocate them? I'm after a sequential shift light system that I can double up the LEDs and change the placement (ie. not in the box) of the lights. Is it a simple task on the Webcon unit?

Graeme, it is basically a PCB with 6 LEDs attached to the front and then mounted in a small plastic box which you can then velcro to the dashboard etc. whether you can reposition it etc. is down to how good you are with a soldering iron  :p  and how/where you want to mount it  :p  let me know if you need any more info and I'll take a couple of pics and email them to you next week - I'm off to the Boat Show now.... :t-up:

Just interested to see inside it how easy it is to resolder the lights, double them up etc. But don't go ripping the unit apart for me :D

Boat Show? I've got a VIP invite to the Sunseeker stand on Friday (it's amazing how much you can blag in a motorsport fleece), but have to work  :angry:  :angry:  :angry: