Westfield race Seat

owlscastle

I have a vinyl race seat that I bought last year that had become a bit too flexible. Having taken it out of the car the fibreglass bottom section has come totally away form the main seat.All the pop rivets have pulled away form the plastic. Anybody else had similar exeriences? I am sending it back to westfield for them to look at.

I had the same thing happen on one side of the driver's seat when I bought my car secondhand earlier this year, the seat was about 18 months old ???

I replaced the rivets with dome-headed allen bolts and used plate washers to spread the load and after this year's track days and hillclimbs have had no problems with it.  ;)    :p

Fast Westie

I had the same problem on my race car. I believe that Westfield forgot to stick them with silkaflex.

Got mine replaced by the factory, very efficient service.

• 5 weeks later...
owlscastle

Good news from Westfield. They said they have now chnaged the design of the seat, as they have had a few problems like mine. Even though it was out of warranty they have replaced it with new FOC. Good for them. :D