Setting Vision Speedo's

westy

Hi All,

Previous part of this post went unnoticed due to me stuffing it in another post!

Anyway,

"Also the westfield has a Vision Speedo (0-140mph) that needs setting again.  I found some sales pitch stuff on the web that says it can be done in the car 'simply' press the button followed by some other simple processes...not much help with out the manual though!  Anyone got one of these that could assist?"

Its the one reading 0-140 and has a digital display for the miles and a tripometer as well.  The interface for it is one big ugly button on the front and of course the slightly confused user pressing it.

As much as speedo's arent that exciting I figure I better get it synced properly can anyone help?  

Cheers,

Westy

:durr:  :cool:

CedricTheBrave

I think if you hold down the button and switch on the ignition it will take you into setup mode.

The VDO vision setup procedure is documented in the latest build manuals. If you don't have one I could copy you the relevant pages.

Basically, yes, you need to turn on the ignition with the button pressed and you will then be able to select from 3 modes of recalibration. This depends on how you want to calibrate it. You can either enter a number of pulses per mile (I think?), drive a measured mile and let the speedo calculate it itself, or drive along using the button to adjust the reading, which is probably an ideal way of wrapping your car around a lamp post!

It's a bit fiddly but only has to be done once. I calculated the thoretical pulse figure based on wheel diameter and entered that and it was accurate enough to get through SVA then I compared the reading to a GPS receiver and fiddled about with the pulse figure until it read bang-on.

If you need more information drop me a mail :

kevin_wood@g7bcs.demon.co.uk

Kevin

Thanks for the advice Dwilkes and Kevin,

I bought the car second hand only two weeks so dont have the build manual - I figure its worth me buying one though just for reference.

I will have tinker (!) tonight to try and get it in to setup mode

Cheers,

Westy. :cool:

Hi All,

I gave Westfield a call this afternoon enquiring about setting the speedo and to my amazement they faxed through all the needed pages to my work fax within 45 minutes!

So job done!

Cheers,

Westy,

:cool:

I gave Westfield a call this afternoon enquiring about setting the speedo and to my amazement they faxed through all the needed pages to my work fax within 45 minutes!

Westy

Why the amazement?  It is what most of us have experienced during the course of our build, and subsequently, when we have needed information from the Factory.  It is called Customer Service  :D

Well done Westfield :D

steppenwolf

David,

I thought exactly the same thing, I would have been amazed if the factory had  NOT responded in that manner! Whenever I have made an enquiry of that nature, I have always had a positive response from them even though I completed my build nearly two years ago and must have used up all my available 'help-line credits' long before I finished the car!

caricon.gif

Mark Stanton

The reason for the ??? on whether the factory would reply so promptly may be due to the recent departure of Chris Masters - technical helpline guru.

Not heard of a replacement yet - so they're probably busy sorting things out.  :xmas:

The reason for the amazement with the factory being so efficent is from my previous experience of customer services by car manufactures.  Without specifically mentioning any car manufacturing companies (eg Ford or any other manufacture) here in Essex they generally have a tendancy to be very hard going to get any help from them as well as tight when it comes down to the new warranty/versus not our problem situation.  It ruins the customer experience.

So when dealing with Westfield it was a wonderful surprise...Good work lads (and lasses).

Cheers,

Westy :cool: