Weight Gain 2000.

gee_fin

I know this sounds insane but to compete in a fun event next year I need to add weight to my car. Quite a bit in fact. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I'm interested to find out where they added the weight, what material they used and how much it cost. Uranium isn't really an option on my budget so I guess lead in the footwell is the first thing that springs to mind, but how do you fix it in position? Does the floorpan need strengthening? Where do you go about buying lead from?

So I won't be the only one adding sandbags in the passenger space to aid traction at Curborough...

Opps forgot which forum I'm on - guess you wont be allowed!

Graeme,

Find out how much yoou need to add and then borrow some corner weight scales and experiment with placing weight on the car in various locations until you get the best results on the scales. Usually, the rear passenger side is lightest.

John

Graeme,

I'm intrigued, how much have you got to get your weight up to. Are we talking 10's, 100's or 1000's of KGs

BeeeeefCaaake  :D

Westfieldman

Graeme

You can buy lead sheet from any builders merchants sold my weight used for church roofs etc. and can be cut with tin snips or a BIG pair of sissors and put it where the corner weight balance the car, or over the rear axel for traction if thats the intended use ie. 0-60.

Also, if there are any local rifle clubs nearby (are they still allowed ??) then speak to them about getting some lead out of the targets at the end of the range - mix the lead shot / pellets with some resin and make a mould and you can fit the resulting blocks wherever you want to.

We did this with a boat - needed to add some lead to compensate for a smaller engine and it was simply a case of pouring some resin over the lead and hey presto, instant ballast.

I will have a passenger in the car so space will be limited as I have no bootbox either. At the moment, I'm looking at having to add in the region of 300kgs. We're hoping this will come down to something sensible as I can't currently see how we can achieve this figure. A lead roll cage?  :(

Will be ringing roof people in the morning for quotes, along with looking into the resin/lead pellet suggestion. Cheers people. :D

Graeme.

P.S. Arnie - actually, I might be entering the L7 Club sprint - Clarkey needs to be shown how his car should be driven  ;)

Mark Stanton

Graeme

I'll drive your car  :p = instant weight gain  :D Its taken me years of investment and I ain't gonna waste it  :D

Happy Hyperion Hippo

Kick George out get clarky in. Job done

Can we get sponsored by one barrol rum, fill the car up with bottles. Job's a good'n.