gearbox again

blackwesty

i'VE JUST LOOKED AT THE 5 SPEED BOX I'GOT TO GO IN MY SE AND THE BOX IS THE SAME LENGTH AS 4 SPEED BUT OUTPUT SHAFT ON 5 SPEED IS BIGGER SPLINES. IS THIS THE WRONG BOX OR CAN I GET A DIFFERENT END FOR MY PROP? DO I NEED TYPE 9 OR MT75. THIS BOX IS OUT OF A 1800 CVH SIERRA.

Gearbox type depends on which tunnel you have. If you don't have a massive transmission tunnel, then an MT75 won't fit.

You can get the end of your prop swapped. Try Reco prop in Luton.

They may well be the same length, but check the position of the rear mount.........

To tell if you have an MT75 or type 9, look at where reverse is. If it's next to 1st, you have a type 9. If its south of 5th, you have an MT75..........

Etiquette note.......posting in all caps means you are SHOUTING..........and I've got a headache, so keep it down will ya......... :p  :sheep:

Mark Stanton
:p  PARDON  :p

Early Sierras had a 4 speed box which is identical to the 5 speed box input and output shafts, gear lever mount (3 bolt) and length. The only difference is the mounting point. I guess you have an earlier 4 speed gearbox if the input / output shaft are different.

John