Brake Bias

Tony J

Bremsport from Cat with pads = £395

Bremsport from TAS without pads = £264

Cat Motorsports prices do include pads, but they also include the VAT where TAS prices are plus VAT. Also when I bought a set from Cat. I drove my car in and they fit them for nothing. A good service I say.

Dave

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nick M

• John

• Stueyboy

• Blatman

TAS (Trans Auto Sport) can be found at :TAS

Bear in mind if you go to them you'll also need an adapter to go from the braided brake pipe into the caliper - it's not a simple case of connecting the two I'm afraid.

Cat Motorsport on the other hand include all this in their kit.

Sorry to keep banging on about them - no connection, just a satisfied customer and all that.

You can get the bremsports for £273.20 inc VAT and delivery.

from "NeedForSpeed". You'll need pads as well and hoses/hose adaptors. I'd just get new hoses made personally.

Sorry, havent got any contact details for NeedForSpeed though.

Cheers,

Horsebox

just to add my 10 pence worth in. I have a 1999 SEi and the backs lock up 1st! even with green stuff on the fronts and ordinary pads on the back. as mentioned in another reply I can recommend the Mini presure reducing valve fix. Don't bother going to the breakers. you can pick a new one up for under 30 quid and modify it to make it adjustable (as stated elsewhere). A good fix that works well and easy to fit. Not quite as much fun as biased peddle box, but ALOT  :) cheaper

Just been on to the Need for speed web site and posted an enquiry for the Bremsport calipers and this is the price they e-mailed back:

3506 Bremsport calipers (pair) - £319.87

2870 Hawk Fast Road pads (set) - £49.72

Delivery - £10.00

VAT - £66.43

TOTAL - £446.02

Not £273.20 inc VAT and delivery ???

Pete

Mark Stanton

Thanks for doing some price checking - Looks like Cat Motorsport are the cheapest and also offering a good all round service then.

I know where I'm going - miaow.

Errr ...where did you read that?...TAS are the cheapest for Bremsports - £264+vat as opposed to £395 inc vat and pads.

:blush:

John

DavidBirchZEI220

I have a factory car (ZEI220) and had problems locking up at the back so made the change to the rally Design Wilwood kit.  This was first carried out by John Felstead who has the original factory cosworth engined car and he recommended the change to me.

Be aware however that if you have alloy hubs the offsets and hole diameters are not the same as for the standard Cortina steels lumps.  I needed to have them machined but not expensive or complex.

Scott Gillespie at Rally Design might be prepared to do an alloy hub kit if someone is near Kent.  It was quicker for me just to get mine machined.

David

John - see earlier comments about comparitive pricing.  TAS is VAT exclusive price, doesn't include the brake pipe adapters or pads.  Add carriage charges on top and hey presto, you're near enough at £395......

Mark Stanton

John

Maths time here old chap

Cat = £395 all in incl pads, VAT, connections & fitting.

Tas = £264 + VAT = £310.20 + pads + connections + fitting which are sure to be more than £84.80 (if using the aforementioned products) = more than CAT.

;)

£84 is lot to pay for some pads and not knowing how to use a spanner

Just been on to the Need for speed web site and posted an enquiry for the Bremsport calipers and this is the price they e-mailed back:

3506 Bremsport calipers (pair) - £319.87

2870 Hawk Fast Road pads (set) - £49.72

Delivery - £10.00

VAT - £66.43

TOTAL - £446.02

Not £273.20 inc VAT and delivery ???

Pete

*shrug*

I know someone who ordered some on monday, and he paid 273 including VAT & Delivery....

Guess they didnt like you?

???

Fast Westie

Stick with the standard Cortina (M16) calipers and fit an adjustable pressure limiter (£44.50+VAT from Rally Design)

If you overheat your brakes or can't lock the froms on the track go for Wilwood Dynalite 4-pot calipers. I only fitted 4-pots on my race car for the weight.

At his talk to the Cheshire & North Staffordshire section about Westfield suspension setup, Allan Staniforth mentioned that there were some Citroen 4-pots which were suitable and light. I didn't get the chance to ask him about these unfortunately, does anyone know anything about these calipers?