Aeroscreen vs Windscreen

thos

Best to swap seats with the passenger then swap your helmet for glasses, then swap back into the drivers seat.

I thought that was what the hand rail was for at the back of the seats.

:0  :D  :p  :oops:  :arse:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oioi

• Matt Seabrook

• Mark B

• a4gom

its easy to swap glasses to crash helmet without stopping.  

And that's not dangerous in any shape or form is it you muppet <!--emo&:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :suspect:

of course its f***** dangerous it wouldnt be fun if it wasnt  :D just means the rain doesnt hurt my pretty face

Not fun if you run into me coming the other way while you're acting the knob though is it./

Now don't get me wrong; I'm not the most sensible person the world has ever seen (Maybe that's why I'm an honorary member of the Manc/Yorkie crew :cool:  :0 ) but changing lid to shades whilst driving is just fookin stoopid

Scott, don't talk ****e, swapping glasses, helmets (or tapes as OiOi says) is easy...it's all the other a*****s you have to watch out for :D  :D  :D  :D

dropped a spliff onto your exposed knackers?

Ah, so its a safety chicken you're wearing  :D  :p

And what makes you think that you wont hit a bird while you are sprinting? :p

Too right. Almost had a seagull on the Lavant Straight at Goodwood. Closing speed was well over 100mph, and yes, despite the screen and harnesses I was seeing how low I could get my head. Scared the crap out of me. Won't stop me doing it though...

Jesus without a screen it could have broken a passengers neck. Nope still stand by what I have said screen for road and aeroscreen for track. The other thing I always feel like a right knob driving my sprint car on the road with a lid on. You get the looks from other road uses that you think you are Michael Schumacher and you dont have to be driving fast to get those looks. I can’t believe that people bang on relentlessly about RAC roll bars when for most they are still too low. Then the same people go and remove there windscreen may be the only thing that stops impact from the front. That said even with a screen I still wear safety glasses with a screen, as it is not the complete answer.  :(

So how do folk manage on motorbikes then?

You learn to duck. You aeroscreen boys should try it, insread of sitting there helpless...

You try ducking wearing a 6 point harness done up so tight the only body movement you can do is breath.  :p

That said even with a screen I still wear safety glasses with a screen, as it is not the complete answer

no thanks, life is too short!

on the other hand, I wear glasses rather than contact lenses because a) I can't be arsed with the hassle and b) my glasses have saved my eyesight on a few occasions I have done something stupid  :durr:

When mentioning safety specs I was talking about sunglasses with impact resistance lenses.

Yep quite possible but the chances of me hitting another road user on a sprint because I have been hit by a bird is all but zero. I am not saying dont do anything that could be dangerous far from it. Some of the most enjoyable things I have done in my life have had an element of risk (50+ meter scuba dives on air, kart racing, rock climbing etc etc) Just hope I never cause someone else an injury or death because it is something I could have avoided  :t-up: