zetec timing belt

m12oly

i have a 2.o zetec engine out of a mondoe and have just changed over the water pump to an escoert one so the water pumps the rite way!  I cannot seem to see any timing marks on the covers our sprokets to re align the engine before i put the new belt on, any ideas??

thank you

olly

From what i can remember Cams have a slot in them which you use a special too to align them against the cylinder head and the crank wheel has two dot marks on it,  the second one you line up with the v type machined line on the sump.  Best bet is to get a haynes manual to be sure.

Oliver, you will need the cam locking tool. THis is a 2 piece tool, a bar to lock the cams in place (slots at back) the other to hold the cam sprokets to tighten the touqu studs up on.

The slots in the cams and the bar should only fit together when the cams are ready for the front piston to be at TDC. The crank pully should have two marks on it, I get vauge here, but one of these will light up with a v on the sump at TDC. One mark was the cam timng the other is used for the ignition timing (stands to be corrected on that)

Mark